Replacement pads for TRP Spyre mechanical disc brakes?

luv2ride
luv2ride Posts: 2,367
edited May 2014 in Road buying advice
Can anyone advise where I can get replacement pads for my TRP Spyre disc brakes? A quick Google search didn't really throw any leads up :oops: Cheers
Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

Comments

• ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    anywhere that does lezyne will deal with the distributor for trp so should be able to get the original ones.

I'd recommend EBC gold or RWD pads for aftermarket replacements though.

If you could post a photo we can probably id them as they're almost certainly a current pad pattern rather than anything proprietary.
  • Ouija
    Ouija Posts: 1,386
    The pads are stated as being Tektro TK-BP-E10.11 pads in some online listings for the Spyres.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Ouija wrote:
    The pads are stated as being Tektro TK-BP-E10.11 pads in some online listings for the Spyres.

thanks, hadn't spotted that. Will hunt some down, but also look at the EBC versions too. cheers

EDIT: What are the chances? Just looked in my spares box in the garage and came across an unopened pair of Superstar Components pads I bought for an old Mongoose full susser I had which I think had Tektro Auriga hydraulic discs. They seem to be exactly the same as those fitted to the TRP Spyres :lol:
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • fallenagain
    fallenagain Posts: 25
    They're Deore 525's.Not proprietry at all. Probably the easiest pad of all to buy.