Rock shox reverb

lbalony
lbalony Posts: 301
edited May 2014 in MTB general
Anyone got any advice on a suspect warranty issue? Keeps losing about 20mm of travel. I think that i must not have extended it fully but realised its dropping that small bit. Does it need bleeding? I thought the hydraulics was for activation only. It was bought february 2013 on my norco. From Evans unfortunately so wont even embarrass my self by asking for them to look at, it will be wear and tear like the chain that snapped on its first outing with incorrectly fitted jointing pin. Or like the completely worn jockey wheel by ride 2 due to chain guide being fitted pointing the chain out 30' away from the bike. Cant seem to find on the sram website about how long the warranty is? Any one had the same issue and no an easy fix. Thanks.

Comments

• ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    check the pressure first, IIRC it should be 250 psi
  • lbalony
    check the pressure first, IIRC it should be 250 psi

Dumb question but.. Is the shreader valve under neath and just use a shock pump? Thanks alot.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    base if external routing, under the saddle cradle if stealth.

And yes, shock pump. The pressure is written on the cap.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Mine has been dropping maybe 5mm or so while seated I think. Not quite enough to be annoying, yet...
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • lbalony
    ilovedirt wrote:
    Mine has been dropping maybe 5mm or so while seated I think. Not quite enough to be annoying, yet...

Thats how mine started. Only noticed on long climbs then would pop it up that last little bit.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Likely to be a seal that needs replacing tbh. I've had mine maybe 8 or 9 months now.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • I had a slier collar version from ebay brand new last april, been fine for 10months and then started going down a bit, bleed it a few times checked pressure and all was fine but still had to bleed it every 2 weeks to keep it ok, but still a small amount of play, learned to live with it, then 2 months ago, the post lost all pressure while out at a trail centre, so had to put the post up high so i could climb the trials to get back to the car.

i took it to sherwood pines who had been suggested they are goo with sram fixes, gave it them to send it to SRAM, 4 days later, they called and SRAM had fully replaced it with a new black collo version free of charge.

might be worth doing that at your local shop