Wilier Zero.9 or Cento Uno?

steoroc
steoroc Posts: 37
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi, does anyone here own a Zero. 9 and what do you think of it? I'm trying to make up my mind on whether to buy one or a Cento Uno. Plenty of info online about the cento but very little about the 9.
Cheers in advance

Comments

• mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    Id go for the cento one. You wouldnt notice the difference between the two im 99% sure. If you buy from mathsalden in holland they are cheaper than the uk too. Drive across one morning and pick it up or get them to ship it to you. Cento one air is amazing to look at and ride. Ive never ridden the zero 7 but worked in a shop that sold a couple and it never was the leap forward the sales brochure claimed i dont think. Cento one is a great bike and a lot cheaper
  • steoroc
    That's the Zero.7, what I'm interested in is the zero.9
    http://www.bikelineshop.de/fahrraeder/w ... ecial.html
    It looks to be very similar to the 7 but less than half the price. Anyone got any info on it? How does it ride, is it harsh-affected by not having the SEI film of the 7? Is it a poor copy of the 7 or a good buy for the price?
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    have you ridden either one? I'm pretty sure you would notice the difference between them. The Cento Uno is a sweet ride have to say, good all day frame. You need to ride them both.
  • steoroc
    Ya, I've ridden the Cento uno and Cento SR. Liked them both. Both beautiful rides. I found the SR a bit snappier. Also had a quick spin on a zero.7 and loved it but I'll never afford it so that's why I'm looking at the option of the 9 as they appear so similar but I don't know anyone with one and no lbs near me stocks them so I have no way of riding to check it out.
  • iainwade
    iainwade Posts: 1
    Hi, I was looking at the exact same models just a couple of months ago. I was upgrading from a Wilier XP .

I was set on the Zero.9, but slightly put off by the external cabling.
    I started leaning towards the Cento 1SR, but with this I was hesitant about the integrated seat post.

After doing tons of review, blog and forum searching along with comparing weights between the two, I pulled the trigger on the Cento 1 SR.

I'm very happy I decided that path, its a racy machine and handles like a dream. The fact I can swap to digital in the future was also a plus.
    It looks very modern in the flesh. Just make sure you get sized up and have the ISP cut by a pro (not necessarily where you will get the best price).

hope this helps!
  • ivanoile
    ivanoile Posts: 202
    Internal cabling shouldn't be a reason why you choose some bike.It only looks better on some bikes,but it won't make you faster.
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    ivanoile wrote:
    Internal cabling shouldn't be a reason why you choose some bike.It only looks better on some bikes,but it won't make you faster.

Chris Boardman disagrees.

http://www.boardmanbikes.com/about/technology.html
  • That right,The Cento Uno is a sweet ride have to say, good all day frame. You need to ride them both.thankspdiR8r
  • NJ1
    NJ1 Posts: 1
    I just bought a Zero 9 2014 Campag model. I liked the more traditional styling compared to the Cento Uno. The bike is absolutely amazing. It is stiff, yet comfortable and I feel I can stay in the saddle all day long. I have managed nearly 50mph on the bike and there was no suggestion of flex. The fulcrum 4 wheels are also superb. I was a bit worried about the FSA energy brakes but they are way superior to the Ultegra I have on the other bike. It is the first time I have tried Campag and I will never go back to Shimano now. There is so much more feel with the Campag gear changes. I highly recommend the Zero 9, you will not be disappointed.