Campag 11 spd cassette spacing

Iamnot Wiggins
Iamnot Wiggins Posts: 685
edited May 2014 in Workshop
I've recently fitted an 11 spd Chorus cassette to an 11 spd freehub body attached to some Campag Bora 35's.

Shifting is as well as can be expected & doesn't miss a beat. However, it's quite noisy in 1st, 2nd & 3rd. Like it's not indexing properly but no matter how much I fiddle with it, I can't dispense with the noise yet the shifting remains excellent.

My question is this; do i need to run one of those really thin spacers between hub & the back of the cassette? Similar to the Mavic system? I can't recall fitting one & I don't think one came with the cassette.

It's very frustrating!

Comments

• pinarellokid
    pinarellokid Posts: 1,208
    I don't have a spacer on mine,

I'd say it's the indexing, Have another look at it, or go on YouTube for some tips
    Specialized S Works SL2 . Campagnolo Record 11spd. rolling on Campag Zonda wheels

http://app.strava.com/athletes/881211
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    Could it be a badly cut outer somewhere or too-tight a turn at the bars?
  • Can't be the outers as they came off one 56cm Tarmac and went onto exactly the same replacement.

I ran Mavic R-SYS SLRs before the Campags and never had this issue. Might admit defeat and just take it to the shop!
  • mrdsgs
    mrdsgs Posts: 337
    if the noise is the same on big ring and little ring on all 3 cassette sprockets ( I presume the largest 3) it rules out chain line issues. If the chain or cassette or both are new the noise should reduce as they mate together.
    Colnago Addict!