• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Did someone not die in the bottom one?
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    No.
  • johnboy183
    johnboy183 Posts: 832
    Why are they something to savour? People were hurt. Spectacular yes, but to savour? Absolutely not. Never understood why tv insists upon showing injury from every single angle, usually now in hd in super slo-mo.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,649
    Same reason we watch You've Been Framed, really
  • johnboy183
    ^^^ don't like that much either

However having seen these crashes and many others, it's good to know that generally all heal well and make a return their sports.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    After the Giro fatality a couple of years ago they were back showing these within days which seemed insensitive. I can understand the spectacular crashes with minor injuries getting shown but not those where riders suffer pretty serious injuries.
  • johnboy183
    The images of Wouter Weylandt, although very brief, will remain with me for a very long time. I still think Eurosport could've not shown that. I always thought there was a brief time delay between the action and broadcast
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    It wasn't their coverage though, they would probably see it at the same time as it was broadcast.
  • johnboy183
    I seem to recall them returning from an ad break to be confronted with that image. Naively I guess I assumed that whoever was responsible for the images would've been able to 'edit' them out. David Harmony did a good job for the rest of the stage and the day after with his commentary. Not an easy couple of days for him