3 teams for 2014 so far

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited May 2014 in Pro race
without thinking about it too much or individual riders or even specific results - which 3 teams have impressed this year or do you get the feeling are doing well or riding well together as a team etc - more of a sub concious thing than checking procycling stats or your favourite team etc

Ag2r
Giant-Shimano
Belkin

Comments

• Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    Orica Green Edge
    OPQS

Not sure who i'd have alongside those 2 though
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    Orica Green Edge
    OPQS

Those two and Tinkoff Saxo.
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    AG2R have improved a lot this year
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Orica Green Edge
    OPQS

Those two and Giant Shimano.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,517
    Belkin, OPQS, ?
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,928
    I'm with Omar.

Katusha haven't done too badly either so far have they? (Giro's been a disaster though!)
  • murf1480
    murf1480 Posts: 117
    AG2R
    OPQS
    And Movistar popped into my mind as well but got a feeling I might be on my own with that one.
  • Orica Green Edge
    OPQS

+1

With AG2R and Belkin following
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,155
    What have Belkin done to garner attention in this thread?

It's OPQS as top team, Orica second and anyone's call for third. I'll say AG2R as they been rubbish so often (Tinkoff is basically one man thus far)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    OGE
    AG2R
    OPQS

In that order, OPQS 3rd as despite the best results they have the greatest resources.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Giant-Shimano for third :D Not just about the sprinters (Kittel and Degenkolb). You also have Mezgec, Geschke, Ludvigsson and Dumoulin putting in some good performances.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Bretagne seche environnement? Weren't they getting some reasonable results for a smaller team at the start of the year?

Definitely OPQS, Orica Green Edge, AG2R or Giant
  • Flat footed
    Flat footed Posts: 36
    Lampre have done more so far this season then in about the last five seasons combined.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    UCI - World Ranking @ 4th May 2014

1 1 OMEGA PHARMA - QUICK-STEP (OPQ) BEL 700
    2 2 MOVISTAR TEAM (MOV) ESP 568
    3 3 TEAM KATUSHA (KAT) RUS 529
    4 8 TEAM SKY (SKY) GBR 436
    5 4 AG2R LA MONDIALE (ALM) FRA 434
    6 5 BMC RACING TEAM (BMC) USA 430
    7 6 TINKOFF-SAXO (TCS) RUS 419
    8 7 TREK FACTORY RACING (TFR) USA 351
    9 9 ORICA GREENEDGE (OGE) AUS 339
    10 10 BELKIN-PRO CYCLING TEAM (BEL) NED 309
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Biggest failure of the year so far must be Sky.
  • RichN95.
    Joelsim wrote:
    Biggest failure of the year so far must be Sky.
    Hmm...

Race wins at HC or World Tour level (excluding stages)

4 - OPQS, Sky
    3 - BMC, Katusha, Orica
    2 - AG2R, Tinkoff, Giant
    1 - Movistar, FDJ, Cannondale, Trek
    0 - Lampre, Astana, Belkin, Garmin, Lotto, Europcar
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Not really sure that stats matter in this Rich. They have underperformed consistently all year. With the exception of Froome winning a couple, the rest of their team have done nothing. The ToC was hardly a great field.
  • RichN95.
    Joelsim wrote:
    Not really sure that stats matter in this Rich. They have underperformed consistently all year. With the exception of Froome winning a couple, the rest of their team have done nothing. The ToC was hardly a great field.
    It shows that despite they're problems they're still ticking over just fine. At this stage of the season in previous years the number of HC and WT wins they had were 4 (2013), 2 (2012), 0 (2011). I'm sure what you were expecting, but it was clearly wildly unrealistic.
  • tuneskyline
    tuneskyline Posts: 370
    RichN95 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    It shows that despite they're problems they're still ticking over just fine. At this stage of the season in previous years the number of HC and WT wins they had were 4 (2013), 2 (2012), 0 (2011). I'm sure what you were expecting, but it was clearly wildly unrealistic.

And they did not reach the Champions league final
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Points-wise:
    1. OPQS
    2. BMC
    3. AG2R
    4. Orica
    5. Movistar
    6. Sky
    7. Katusha

Of the 14 UCI WorldTour one day and stage race overalls they have won only one.

Of overall number of victories they have 14, joint 6th with BMC and Movistar.

In the UCI World Tour individual ranking their top rider is 13th. In the team ranking they are 4th behind the big teams of Movistar, OPQS and Katusha.

So no, they are not doing very well and pretty much bottom compared to like teams. Factoring in the amount of money various teams have they come off even worse. Drilling down and looking at the stage race performances, wins and points it gets even worse. Factoring in the Giro, they fall off the map. After all they are a stage race team first, second and third and a one day team fourth.
    Contador is the Greatest