Dolan Preffisio

ratsbeyfus
ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
edited May 2014 in Road buying advice
I'm looking for a cheap and cheerful frame as a temporary replacement to ride crits on this summer. The Dolan Preffisio at £99 is the cheapest I've come across. Anyone on here got one, with any comments to share, or is there another frame to consider at such a price?

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey

Comments

• Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    I have one and think it's a great frame. Would happily race on it. Mine now has 28mm tyres on and I actually prefer it to my much more expensive 'good' bike. The new coloured ones look really good. It's the same frame as the rubble audax.
  • Sharky999
    Sharky999 Posts: 103
    where are you seeing it for £99, thats a bargain i would say.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    We have them as our club bikes and quite a few of our members have bought them for their winter bikes. Heavy but solid with really aggressive geometry. Everyone I know who has one really like them.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • foggymike
    foggymike Posts: 862
    They're usually £200 for frame/forks/headset/seatpost/seatclamp so £99 for just a frame is probably about right (though I've never seen them frame only)
  • velohutts
    velohutts Posts: 288
    Has anyone bought one of the new framesets ? Any thoughts/reviews on it , aware of any issues ?

Is it a bit of a stretched ride position , better with a few spacers/shorter stem or go with the larger frame ?

cheers VH.
    Enigma Esprit Di2 - Go tI ! Summer !
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    £99 for frame only on their website. Black only.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • matt-h
    matt-h Posts: 847
    Awesome bike.
    Mines my do it all.
    Winter, trainer and spare.
    25mm tyres and full guards.

Matt
  • Greg-46a
    Greg-46a Posts: 24
    velohutts wrote:
    Has anyone bought one of the new framesets ? Any thoughts/reviews on it , aware of any issues ?

Is it a bit of a stretched ride position , better with a few spacers/shorter stem or go with the larger frame ?

cheers VH.

I've got one of the new ones in red (60cm frame, bought from Dolan as a complete bike), before buying I checked the geometry against my 'good' bike (Sensa Trentino 60cm) and the top tube on the Preffisio is slightly longer, so I chose a shorter stem so the reach was the same on both bikes. Can't say I notice any difference in position between both bikes. Love it though, and the red frame looks great, makes a change from my matte black Sensa.