Wake up call

2»

Comments

• Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Xommul wrote:
    Check out ICEdot

https://icedot.org/site/

Its a little expensive, but do you want to put a price on safety. The many examples above send a chill through you thinking how close you could come to being broken and in the middle of nowhere.

This is a lift from their web by

The Crash Sensor will mount onto any helmet and connects with your ICEdot Profile via a smartphone app. The system is able to detect motion, changes in forces and impacts. In the event of critical forces, the device triggers the app over low-energy Bluetooth to sound an alarm and initiate an emergency countdown. Unless the countdown clock is stopped, the app will then notify your emergency contacts and send GPS coordinates of the incident so that appropriate follow up actions can be taken.

Won't help, though, if you've not got a signal. And that's distinct possibility given the nature of the activities it's designed to protect.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • Ferrals
    Ferrals Posts: 785
    Realistically, Think the only answer is to not push it if you are alone and just enjoy the ride, all this tech is a safety net but it has gaps in. More I think about it the luckier I think I was, which is making it easier to deal with my shoulder being wrecked for the next couple of months.

To add insult to injury I forgot the ambulance men had to cut off my favourite fox t-shirt :evil: :lol:
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Ferrals wrote:
    To add insult to injury I forgot the ambulance men had to cut off my favourite fox t-shirt :evil: :lol:

Get it framed.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • Maro
    Maro Posts: 226
    + 1, frame it.

I sometimes ride alone and find that I ride better and enjoy it more if I just chill and take it steady rather than going bananas and trying to top the strava leaderboard. If the spot is busy (FoD for example) then I'm not too worried about having an off because I know someone will be along soon.

I think if it's in the back of your mind that there could be real trouble if you crash, your concentration might suffer and that crash becomes more likely.
    Bird Aeris. DMR Trailstar. Spesh Rockhopper pub bike.