wet turdsday thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 22,083
edited May 2014 in The bottom bracket
Day 2 of helping out with my eldests residential is obviously going to be wet, with biblical rain currently

Still, far better than work - though obviously only my work phone is the only one working here :(

Right onwards to breakfast

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    some broken cloud over the volcanoes, a nippy twenty degrees to begin the day, hoping for sun sun sun

heading out for a ride soon, then the shops and then prepare for the afternoon's relax by the pool

i wonder what cake today will bring
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Back to work for me today :roll:

Lots of caffeine will be required :wink:

That is all.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Morning Tards,

It's my Friday today as off to Wales tomorrow to catch the gravity taxi :) Followed by a long drive to see the parentals up in the North East. One more day on the hamster wheel then 4 days off, rock on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Darn, that was soggy!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Morning gimps,
    Woken early by the Mrs setting off to work at a polling station. That's a long dull job I don't fancy. Rather hungover as I may have had a bit too much to drink last night.
    More tea is needed.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Hissing down. N1 child vommed twice last night so home with vomming child. Wife has taken N2 child to school thus scuppering Thursday morning flirtation with hot teaching assistant.

Much espresso needed today methinks.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Son to bus, voted (not ukip) rabbits done. Weather not too bad here so thinking about dusting off the winter bike... Watching repeat of England u17s... Winning on penalties? Wtf. Coffee time...
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Sun has come out, really nice and warm, roads drying off, espresso consumed, bike ready to roll, n2 child still vomming.................
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Mikey23 wrote:
    voted (not ukip) rabbits done.
    Sounds like an odd party to vote for but each to his own :) I voted alst week - did nobody else sign up for postal voting and avoid this polling station malarky?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:
    voted (not ukip) rabbits done.
    Sounds like an odd party to vote for but each to his own :) I voted alst week - did nobody else sign up for postal voting and avoid this polling station malarky?
    There were a lot of parties I'd never heard of on the European election form.
    I went to the polling station on the way in, got the prospective councillors to look after my bike. Also had to do the EPO's vote by proxy. Didn't take long as I was the only person there apart from wannabe councillors and polling staff. Stopped to see the Mrs and the same there, nobody voting. Has half the country signed up for postal voting? Unfortunately it's more likely they can't be bothered.
  • macleod113
    macleod113 Posts: 560
    threw the bike in the car and had a lovely extended lunch time ride. on the plus side I stayed dry (externally) but when I took my waterproof off i was dripping!
    well reminded as i need to vote later. shall i take my bike or walk? bet the other half has chucked my polling card so i don't know where i'm going!
    Cube Cross 2016
    Willier GTR 2014
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    @stevo... Postal voting? Putting a cross on a bit of paper is too technologically advanced for most down here...
  • Stevo_666
    Mikey23 wrote:
    @stevo... Postal voting? Putting a cross on a bit of paper is too technologically advanced for most down here...
    Yep, I'm sure it was a Conservative idea as you have to vote in two lots of elections with separate papers and envelopes then put a separate piece of paper in one with a reference number showing, put that inside the other envelope and add a separate address paper in the little window and seal the whole lot up. Add to that you had to sign your name and write down your date of birth, I can't see how any Labour voters would have ever managed to register a vote :)
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Loads of sun for me today, hope you all enjoyed the rain
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy