Some advice re Planet x build system

Alpina007
Alpina007 Posts: 106
edited May 2014 in Road buying advice
No! not another bash at PX just merely some info from people who have went before me.

I ordered a bike on the 6th of May and was quoted 21 day build time and this suited me fine. Since then I have been waiting for my build date email and ben told that the wheels were out of stock and the chap who does the emails was off for a few days.

My question to the guys that have bought a bike using this process is this.... Does the build date email start the 21 days process or not? I have made enquiries to PX but guess they are busy with orders etc.

Cheers in advance

Comments

• DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    Phone them and ask what is going on.
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • Alpina007
    DiscoBoy wrote:
    Phone them and ask what is going on.

I did, thats were I got the info re the wheels etc from. Main jist was "Wait"

Im happy at the moment to wait- would like to know the answer to my question though. Guessing you dont know? :wink:
  • geoffh73
    geoffh73 Posts: 85
    Ordered a bike from them last week and the confirmation email i received did state the build time was 21 days

Geoff
  • Alpina007
    geoffh73 wrote:
    Ordered a bike from them last week and the confirmation email i received did state the build time was 21 days

Geoff

Cheers Geoff, I got the same from them. Im really curious as to wether its 21 days from the build date email though.

This is the confirmation of order email.

All our bikes are built to order by expert mechanics here in Sheffield. We will get in touch with you shortly to confirm your bike specification, build date and delivery details. The build queue is currently 21 days. We will keep you posted of progress as your bike is prepared, built, sent by courier or sent to store for collection.

Nothing else heard since then.