Great AD6 Prize Raffle!!!

meanredspider
meanredspider Posts: 12,337
edited May 2014 in Commuting chat
You'll all know by now I'm doing Alpe D'HuZes (or AD6) on 5th June as part of a Philips team. I'm planning on doing the full 6 ascents of Alpe D'Huez (totally about 6300m of climbing) in the day.

To raise money for cancer care and research, we taking donations and selling raffle tickets.

The raffle prizes are some fantastic Philips personal care products including at least two multiple award-winning Visapure cleansing kits worth over €150 each (ladies love this product - look it up), Philips shavers, epilators and hair dryers.

The official donation process is pretty much impossible without a Dutch bank account unfortunately.

Raffle tickets are €3 each (£2.40). I'd really appreciate your support in buying some tickets from me.

Please PM me with how much you'd like to buy and I'll reply with pics of your tickets so you have the serial numbers and either PayPal or bank transfer details. Or, you can just donate if you prefer.

The draw will take place after AD6 and we'll publish the winning numbers.

Thank you for all your support.
ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH

Comments

• meanredspider
    Just a quick *bump* to interrupt the sound of the tumbleweed rolling by :wink:

Not long now. I was Ill last week which somewhat interrupted my training plans. I did manage the Chouffe Classic (some brutal hills between Liege and Bastogne) at the weekend (though I wasn't feeling especially strong) and I should get some rides in this weekend (NL holiday Thurs/Fri).

Hope you can support

Best wishes - Richard
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,970
    The silence may be exasperated by this report - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-27485754

What percentages of the raffle is going to the charity?
    Is there no way to link a direct donation to cancer research?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • meanredspider
    PBlakeney wrote:
    The silence may be exasperated by this report - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-27485754

What percentages of the raffle is going to the charity?
    Is there no way to link a direct donation to cancer research?

Thanks for this. So, to be absolutely clear,

EVERY SINGLE SOLITARY EURO CENT (and penny, for the pedants :wink: ) will go to the charity. And (despite some bad press last year ref. Alpe D'HuZes, which will ensure this year is absolutely squeaky clean) every cent to the charity will go to cancer care or research. There is no money going to fundraising companies, no money going to JustGiving, and, least of all, absolutely no money go to cover any of my costs. All the prizes were donated by Philips and all the costs of running the raffle are being picked up by us. All of our travel, entry, accommodation, food, medicals etc etc are being picked up by us (with the exception of van hire which Hertz have donated). I've never taken a single penny to cover any of my costs in any fund raising I've done (it probably costs me £2000 each year and a week of vacation).

Unfortunately - and by all means, give it a try - it's impossible to donate directly to Alpe D'HuZes without a Dutch bank account. It's a source of some frustration to me. But, because companies like JustGiving take a cut, it goes against the ethos of the charity. If you'd like me to donate directly in your name, please add your email details and you'll get a "thank you" from Alpe D'HUZes by email (in Dutch).

I hope that clears that up. And, as for the report, if I was going to do something "fun" for charity, it wouldn't be riding 6x up the same Alpe in one day, believe me! :shock: :wink: In fact, I'll be glad to get back to cycling for fun and not thinking about trying to lose that last few grammes before the big day...
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,970
    Hopefully that clarification will help.

Come on chaps, and ladies!
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    PM sent - best of luck with it and for a great cause.
  • meanredspider
    JZed wrote:
    PM sent - best of luck with it and for a great cause.

Brilliant - thanks JZed - really appreciate the support!
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    All sent!
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • meanredspider
    All sent!

Thank you so much!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    Pm sent. I'll have the rest, 20 or so? Cheers
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • meanredspider
    Thanks so much - payment received from Oz! That's all the tickets sold.

Thank you everyone for your support

The draw is planned for Monday night in the Alps
    Results will be posted at http://tyurl.org/e2YNGT and I'll post winners from here on here! Good luck.

But most of all massive appreciation from me for your support and kind thoughts about my son

Richard