Sora 3500 shifting issues

jackc6549
jackc6549 Posts: 30
edited June 2014 in Workshop
I recently got a bike equipped with Sora 3500 and I'm having a hard time getting the rear shifting dialled in. I've built a few bikes up from scratch (currently have one with Tiagra 4600 and one with 6800, both work fine and were easy to set up).

With the Sora, when I get the downshifting setup there is too much tension and the upshifts either don't work or hesitant/skip badly. Releasing the smallest amount of tension and the problem is reversed. Another thing, the first downshift click (going from 12 to 13) feels very imprecise compared to the others. As in it hardly moves the rear mech, unless there is a load of tension applied, which then causes over shifting on the others gears and very poor upshifting.

I don't have any way of checking the mech hanger but it seems to be the same on either chainring. Its an internally routed bike, I'had the cable and housings out and there isn't any snagging.

Comments

• shadow4532
    shadow4532 Posts: 133
    being internally routed you havn't crossed the cables have you?
    GIANT PROPEL SL1 for racing and posing
    TREK 2.5 training and commuting
    GIANT REVEL 1 LTD for when it gets all snowy
  • What cables are you using? My Giant Anyroad 2 had the same issue and the shop swapped the Jagwire cables with Shimano cables and it fixed the issue. It was very frustrating. The internal cable routing doesn't help matters any.