Cinelli cork bar tape

Steve236
Steve236 Posts: 212
edited May 2014 in Road buying advice
Daft question but I ordered the gel cork bar tape from Wiggle and have received a box that says cinelli cork ribbon original. I know this is a different product but the box also has a logo on it saying "gel" and "vibra absorb"
So do i have the original cork ribbon or the gel cork....?

Comments

• cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Why don't open it and take a look it will void your ability to return.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • Steve236
    Why don't open it and take a look it will void your ability to return.
    I think you are being sarcastic; I might be wrong. If you are, how will looking at it help if I've never seen either version before so don't know what the right one should look like?
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    I think the normal stuff is adhesive based on the rear, whereas the gel is not. I use the Gel stuff. When I took the ortiginal Cinelli tape off, it was adhesive backed.
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • Steve236
    Thanks Brett. This isn't adhesive backed so I guess it must be the gel version.
  • mercia_man
    mercia_man Posts: 1,431
    brettjmcc wrote:
    I think the normal stuff is adhesive based on the rear, whereas the gel is not. I use the Gel stuff. When I took the ortiginal Cinelli tape off, it was adhesive backed.

Brett is right. Ordinary Cinelli cork tape has glue on back. Gel has a tacky, rubbery strip on back.
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    Remember, when you apply it to line up the 'flying C' logo's (on the drops and the tops if they don't have a flared section) as this will give you perfect tension...............and look cool (or obsessive) as well!
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    I was not being sarcastic. The gel tape and the standard tape feel different one has gell one does not.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.