Canyon Nerve Al 7.0 or Boardman Pro Full sus

kittyflyer
kittyflyer Posts: 6
edited May 2014 in MTB buying advice
Basically these two have caught my attention.
The Canyon sizing has me on a medium which is a little surprising, I'm 6ft 1' and 94kg. Same price point.
Has anyone any advice or experience to share?
I could stretch to the Canyon CF but doing it for a lighter bike would be pointless as I suspect laying off the beer for a while would be a cheaper way of lightening the ride.

Comments

• mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Email Canyon about sizing.

Put links up and you'll get a better response, but I love my Canyon and would buy one again.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Canyon are known for having puny sizing on their bikes. Its a German thing combined with a failure to know how to tell you to size a bike. Buy a large.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    Funny my old Nerve was a medium and felt much too big for me i'm 5'9. The size calculator on their website seems pretty good (worked for my mate) but its worth speaking with them.
  • muddpuppy
    muddpuppy Posts: 87
    I was having the same problem choosing between the spectral 6.0 and the boardman pro fs but after getting the price of the pro down to £1295 plus £60 towards extras made my desicion a lot easier I love my fs pro but don't think you would be disappointed with either
  • kittyflyer
    muddpuppy wrote:
    I was having the same problem choosing between the spectral 6.0 and the boardman pro fs but after getting the price of the pro down to £1295 plus £60 towards extras made my desicion a lot easier I love my fs pro but don't think you would be disappointed with either

Wow, thats a good price..do mind me asking where?

The email response from Canyon is to go for the large.
  • muddpuppy
    muddpuppy Posts: 87
    10% off anything in halfords by joining British bike membership at a cost of £15
    Then the remainder of the price you buy in vouchers at a 10% reduction with a specific code type 22% off at halfords in your web search to find the article. I ignored the vouchers and asked in store if they would accept the cash equivalent of the vouchers which they were more than happy to do plus there was £60 spend and save online which they gave me as in store credit which got me a shock pump tyre pump and puncture outfit there's more savings to be had if you read the article.
    You can use the bike membership discount as many times as you like plus there's other places you can get discounts with the membership so usefull even if your not just buying a bike
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    edited May 2014
    Hi Kittyflyer,

I took delivery of the Large Nerve AL 7.0 on the 19th May.. it's a stunning bike for the money, so would recommend it massively (I had the 2012 Boardman FS Team too, so have a good base for comparison).

I'm 6'1", 95kg, and the large is spot on for me.

At 27.5lb for a £1500 bike, full fox, XT/SLX gearing etc etc, it's a bargain. Mine took about 2 weeks from order to delivery.

Edit - Just so you know, Canyon sized me on the online chart as Medium too. You're not alone! :lol:
  • kittyflyer
    Thanks Guys...top tip on the halfords stuff. Worth doing anyway.
  • kittyflyer
    Stav,

Tried pm to you but theres no envelope under your name to message. I'd love to see the bike....
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Edit - This is the large and how it looks (pedals changing to XT Trail Spd's shortly):

Canyon.jpg

I'll be adding to the 'Your Mountain Bikes' section at some point soon once I've got some better pics, that weren't taken with a potato.