Wheel issues

andy 3654
andy 3654 Posts: 183
edited May 2014 in Workshop
I recently had a spoke sheer at the nipple. the wheels themselves are only a year old but as they were a sale item they aren't under warranty.
Now the question is the spoke has been replaced albeit not a aero spoke like the rest is the wheel going to be ok or will it need a rebuild with all new spokes or should I just get new wheels?

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    Sale or not, warranty applies, tell the LBS not to try and be clever or they will be exposed and they won't get another customer through their door.
    SPokes are spokes, aero or not makes no difference
    left the forum March 2023
  • andy 3654
    andy 3654 Posts: 183
    Was internet purchase but as I must of deleted email receipt I can't prove I bought them but that aside you think it will be ok?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Yes, Spoke is a spoke - so long as it the right length, tensioned correctly etc etc etc etc etc etc it should all be fine.

Then again it may not be and it could snap at any time giving you dead disease and leaving your wife a widow and your children fatherless. The insurance company won't pay up because you've admitted on here that you've bodged a repair on a set of wheels that you bought on the cheap and so your family wil be left heartbroken, penniless and homeless. They'll also hate your memory for being such a selfish b'stard in the first place.

Your wife will end up on the game (and I mean prostitution, not netball) and your children working in a factory to pay off the Wonga loan they had to take out for your funeral (original loan: £400. Amount to pay after 8 days: £2,353,478,634,827,272.14

This will never get paid off so they will endure a lifetime of endentured servitude before being sold to that frickin' mental bloke in Kenya who will force them to serve those schoolchildren he kidnapped.

All in all, I'd take the safe option of setting fire to them and buying some Lightweights.

HTH

M
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    andy 3654 wrote:
    Was internet purchase but as I must have deleted email receipt I can't prove I bought them but that aside you think it will be ok?

Most sites ask you to open an account and keep record of everything you do and buy... could that be the case? Failing that you can try to contact them anyway and see if they have a record.
    But yes, a spoke is a spoke
    left the forum March 2023
  • patrickf
    patrickf Posts: 536
    As Ugo says - warranty applies. You don't need an original receipt either to prove purchase. A debit/credit card statement can be enough to prove this.

From https://www.gov.uk/accepting-returns-and-giving-refunds
    Customers have exactly the same rights to refunds when they buy items in a sale as when they buy them at full price.

And
    You can ask the customer for proof that they bought an item from you. This could be a sales receipt or other evidence such as a bank statement or packaging.