Rockshox Rev or Sektor or suggestions

alexthebear
alexthebear Posts: 349
edited May 2014 in MTB buying advice
I'm getting married this weekend :( but this sad loss of my freedom has turned out to be some what of a blessing in disguise in that I've been granted a new set of forks :D (not sure it's the greatest trade off ever but, sod it I want new forks)

A few of you may have seen my previous post on this at which point I was only looking at second hand forks but I have been able to wanggle a bigger budget (£300-£350) possibly pushing upto £400 for the right fork so obviously have now been looking around at new.

The 120mm Recons are gone, as much as they were plush just not enough travel through some of the rock gardens and jumps I've been doing so looking at either the Sektor RL Dual Position coil or the Revelation RL

Both would be a huge upgrade from my old forks but I'm torn as to which one if either would be suitable for me and the Camber? I like the idea of the dual position on the Sektor but where I'm getting confused is the added damping and adjustability that you get with the Revs? Basically how does it all relate to actual riding capabilities?

I'm currently I'm riding a lot of DH based stuff but I've also got a few trips to Afan and BPW coming up so I want the bike to be as versatile as it can be.

If you need anymore info to provide a decent answer please ask as my heads in a bit of a pickle

Comments