Odd front derailleur issue + another issue

Coxy_UK
Coxy_UK Posts: 297
edited May 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Bike is a 2013 Canyon Nerve with XTR throughout.

In the middle chain ring and largest cog on cassette it runs without noise, yet oddly only for the next 2 smaller cogs there is rubbing noise against the front derailleur. I find this odd as surely when you move down the cassette the chain moves further away from the inside of the front derailleur. Any ideas? It doesn't appear out of place or bent.

Also on a separate note I have now found it extremely hard to go up through the rear gears. I fitted new cables, inner & outer, before a 3 day Wales trip and everything worked perfectly. My Reverb did blow its fluid so I believe it may be possible it has run down and caused havoc with the cable where it routes in to the frame. Does this sound like a likely cause? The rear derailleur itself seems fine.

Many thanks!
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Tides of sin draw tighter and brighter, hours become heavier and weighted, and the shadows smile...dark and wild.
<font color="blue">My Stumpy FSR Pic 1</font id="blue">
<font color="red">My Stumpy FSR Pic 2</font id="red">

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    No idea, but look for where it rubs, it should be obvious!

I doubt the reverb blowing is the cause, the fluid would act as a lubricant.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.