rucksack

jaybo1973
jaybo1973 Posts: 301
edited May 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi all

I am in need of a rucksack. I have ones for walking but they feel to big. I have started doing a bit of distance rather than the fun stuff so need supplies. My 456 isn't happy with the tame family rides :(

Comments

• felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    If you can still find one, I find the CamelBak Consigliere perfect but if not the Mule is a goodun too
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    jaybo1973 wrote:
    I have started doing a bit of distance rather than the fun stuff so need supplies

...and distance IS the fun stuff! :)
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • jaybo1973
    jaybo1973 wrote:
    I have started doing a bit of distance rather than the fun stuff so need supplies

...and distance IS the fun stuff! :)

Yep. I have been enjoying it. Although the bike isn't built for distance, it's OK
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Camelbak Mule is good.
    Plenty of water capacity and space for everything you need for an all day ride.
    Mine is 5 years old and is still in great condition.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Something by Osprey would be my recommendation. Not the cheapest but seriously well designed.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • bigmitch41
    bigmitch41 Posts: 685
    Ive got a Deuter thats really good, had to buy the 2ltr bladder pack seperately though :roll:
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Dakine Nomad. Best bladder, brilliant pocket organisation (with 180 zips so the pockets fold right back making it easier to get at stuff regardless of how muddy you are), great build quality, 18l volume, very comfortable. Great product.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    If you can still find one, I find the CamelBak Consigliere perfect but if not the Mule is a goodun too

+1, my consigliere is great, I would say perfect in capacity, though it's not the most comfy uphill, can cause tops to ride up a bit. Otherwise everyone I see seems to have a camelbak mule or classic.
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • jaybo1973
    I just got myself one from Aldi, I looks pretty decent to me. Not sure how long it will last but for 15 quid, it s worth a try. I am usually a top brands buyer so I was a bit reluctant but I have heard people praise some of the stuff. Obviously i wouldn't buy parts there