Are some pads and discs just simply no good?

2»

Comments

• apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Used the first set the same way as the second set - but with totally different outcome!

I might complain to Superstar but somehow one of the duff pads got lost in the van out there, so its not like I could send them back...
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    with my rear brake i ended up changing the rotor and putting some shimano pads in and it seems fine now so maybe i was just unlucky and got some duff superstar pads ?

LBS did me a deal on new rotors and couple packs of shimano pads so i just thought replace it all even front and start from scratch.
  • AFAIK most pads get manufactured in the same factory (I could be wrong on that). So there is not going to be too much between them. I have had squealy superstars in the past on my old XT's this however was not down to the pad but down to my amateurish setup! I did the typical thing of not consulting how to's online and fudging the installation up! (Unfortunately this has led to me never buying superstar pads again.) This has led me to believe that most people who slate pads in forums have probably made a mess of installing and bedding in their new pads so I don't pay to much attention unless I know they are a TECH GOD like cooldad xx then I take their advice to heart.
    I have just overhauled my Tech M4's and fitted Uberbikes Race Matrix pads front and back and I have got say I am very impressed! will definitely be using these from now on!
    Yeti SB66c 2013
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Did you just kiss cooldad twice?
  • I know! you don't think he will be offended that it wasn't more do you??????
    Yeti SB66c 2013
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I'm happy to take it wherever I can get it.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The joy is in the receiving not the giving then CD?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.