Decathlon Ant+ Speed/Cadence Sensor

evil_breakfast
evil_breakfast Posts: 460
edited May 2014 in Road buying advice
My Garmin GSC-10 unit has been somewhat tempremental of late, and now the speed arm sensor has given up the ghost.
I'm wondering if I should just buy a new GSC-10 (as the unit is way out of warranty) or perhaps the following at roughly half the price.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/ant-speed-ra ... 81211.html

Anyone out there using, or have experience, of one of these?
You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.

Comments

• brearley
    brearley Posts: 165
    yep use mine with no problems at all.
    Only issues I've had was the original I bought had a duff battery, I changed the battery and it killed that in two weeks.
    eventually brought it back, had it replaced with a new unit no worries since. You can use either the rubber straps supplied or tie wraps.
  • richk
    richk Posts: 564
    got one too. works fine. :)
    There is no secret ingredient...
  • stumpmagnet
    stumpmagnet Posts: 88
    hi, would this work with an iphone sorry but im not that up my tech :lol:
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    Mine works well with my garmin 500.
    hi, would this work with an iphone sorry but im not that up my tech :lol:

No. You'd need a bluetooth sensor.
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • deswahriff
    deswahriff Posts: 310
    edited May 2014
    ..got the same one branded as Giant....works fine so far after 4 weeks, maybe just a hint of transmission delay compared to the GSC10, only really noticeable when starting, the RPM seems to take a sec or 2 longer to show. ....maybe not the most elegant design, but I can live with that.... I also double secured it with black insulation tape (matt black frame so all looks good enough)... I didn't use the crank magnet supplied but instead an aftermarket one off ebay about the size of a 5p that sits nicely on the inside end of the pedal spindle...

..oh, and I use the Edge 500...
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    I use one. Not had any issues.