job losses?

Sorry to hear in tonights local BBC news (West) about the companies restructuring and possible loss of jobs.

I sincerely hope any axe does not fall on any of you and you are able to continue with the good work.

Best wishes for the future :D
I disapprove of what you say but will defend....your right to say it. Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire08 Cotic Soda-deceased!10 Bianchi 928 c2c23 Marin Nicasio2

Comments

• Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    Can't really say anything on this due to the way things are but thank you!
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • mercia_man
    mercia_man Posts: 1,431
    As a retired journalist myself, I really hope things work out for the BikeRadar and Cycling Plus teams. My ex-colleagues are going through the same sort of process, with redundancies hanging over everyone and staff trying to do the same job with fewer people, and I know it makes life miserable.

The news today is that 170 Future Publishing jobs are going in UK after losses of £30.6 million and that the cycling and craft part of the business (including BikeRadar and Cycling Plus) has been sold to Immediate Media for £24 million.

All the best to the people working for the cycling magazines and websites. Let's hope BikeRadar remains. It's a useful and interesting resource - apart from the most annoying and intrusive ads I have ever experienced.
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    Thank you. The move should be very positive for the cycling division, as well as Immediate, which is a very successful media company, and of course all our readers.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Hope job losses (if any) are voluntary and I really hope that these forums survive the transition.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Old_Timer
    Old_Timer Posts: 262
    Hopefully this forum and Cycling Plus will survive, intact and in good shape. I'd hate to lose the best source of information and bicycle tests, including our US publications (pale by comparison.) The forum's problems with ads and the user control panel malfunction are frustrating but I sense more, deeper problems than we know of. Best of luck to all of you in the transition.
    Lets just got for a ride, the heck with all this stuff...
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The ACAS website has a very good page on the latest up to date TUPE regulations and how they may effect you, ACAS make the comment that redundancies following TUPE are almost always considered unfair dismissal, not sure how true that is.

The Son TUPEs on the 27th due to the sale by a US company of the half of the company he works for to another US company.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.