Anyone used assosfactoryoutlet.com?

rodgers73
rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
edited May 2014 in Road buying advice
It looks like a place selling reduced priced Assos gear. I'm a little skeptical but it doesnt look totally crooked.

Anyone know if they're selling genuine gear??

www.assosfactoryoutlet.com/

Comments

• tuktuk
    tuktuk Posts: 179
    I just had some arm warmers delivered from them. Seem legit to me.
  • rodgers73
    That's reassuring - thanks!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    If they were not would they have still got a Facebook presence?

The website has been around fo quit a few years.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • robbo2011
    robbo2011 Posts: 1,017
    There's a link to the Assos factory outlet on the main Assos website...
  • cyclingfury
    cyclingfury Posts: 676
    I've bought bib shorts and a jersey on separate occasions. The items were up to the usual Assos immaculate standard.
    I use this site a lot, and it is excellent
  • rodgers73
    nicklouse wrote:
    If they were not would they have still got a Facebook presence?

The website has been around fo quit a few years.

I've never bought Assos before and know very little about the brand, its site or any links between that one and this one. I just know its good gear that's expensive, hence my caution.

Thanks for the reassurance though. Looking forward to upgrading my wardrobe now!
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,571
    I used it for the first time this week for some s2 bib shorts. everything seems legit, I just wonder what the s2 shorts actually are as I can't find them anywhere else online.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • iwantblue
    iwantblue Posts: 134
    gsk82 wrote:
    I used it for the first time this week for some s2 bib shorts. everything seems legit, I just wonder what the s2 shorts actually are as I can't find them anywhere else online.
    They are the mutts mutts, but shhhh don't tell anyone ;)
    I'm a FB and they fitted me a treat.. The s2 pad is great but obviously everyone's different on that score. Same Assos quality just older model... But I think they keep making these as they are popular... I preferred them to all of the s5 range but haven't tried s7's...
  • dowtcha
    dowtcha Posts: 442
    Its the official assos outlet shop that sells past seasons unsold stock.
  • foggymike
    foggymike Posts: 862
    As above, it basically is Assos selling off old stock, some samples, and odds n' ends.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    It's not assos themselves. The company is called Swiss iconic. It's in staffs.

At a guess it's one of yellow ltds sub companies. Yellow ltd is the uk importer of assos
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    I've always thought it was yellow themselves imo
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I've just taken delivery of some S2 shorts and some arm warmers. Very quick despatch / delivery. I'll tell you what the shorts are like tomorrow.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Yes its all legit. Its not an amazing saving - anyone offering really cheap Assos would be dodgy I reckon.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    keef66 wrote:
    I've just taken delivery of some S2 shorts and some arm warmers. Very quick despatch / delivery. I'll tell you what the shorts are like tomorrow.
    Good choice but it depends if the S2 insert is OK for your bum, simple as that. It suits mine very well :oops:
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    giant man wrote:
    I've always thought it was yellow themselves imo

Company is listed as a different name. But I've no doubt it is yellow for all intents and purposes.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • keef66
    Well domestic duties last night meant I only had time to try them on. I can report is that the sizing guide is spot on; I'm a small but perfectly formed 5'6" and the small fits like a glove and really holds the pad in position comfortably. Hoping for a test ride tonight.
  • keef66
    Finally managed a quick spin in the new shorts last night. The pad is thinner than the one in my DHB shorts, but seems very comfortable; the fact that the Assos are a cosier fit means the pad doesn't move when you get out of the saddle then sit down again. A longer ride at the weekend will tell me if they stay comfy, but I'm optimistic.