Inner tube help...

BlueTaylor
BlueTaylor Posts: 43
edited May 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hello

I recently purchased a mountain bike and got out on it straight away. Woke up 1 morning to a flat knew it was a puncture. Blew the tire up couldn't hear/feel anything. Didn't use the bike but felt the tire every day and was getting softer and softer by third morning flat as a pancake. The problem is rather than patch it up I wanted to buy a new replacement inner tube and a few extras it says 26x2.2 but I can't find anything at all online?

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Buy one close then. Fixing is better though
  • kirby700
    kirby700 Posts: 458
    They are usually 1.75 - 2.5 inches,

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_242552

Just check your valve is either a car type of presta as it may not fit thru the hole in the rims.

But as above learn to fix 'cause you'll eventually have to at some point.
    GIANT XTC 2.5
    BOARDMAN TEAM FS - NOW GONE
    NUKEPROOF MEGA TR 275 COMP
    YT INDUSTRIES CAPRA
  • BlueTaylor
    BlueTaylor Posts: 43
    Cheers guys. Just fix with those puncture patches and glue?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Yes. Read the instructions - let the glue dry totally then stick the patch on.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Never throw away a tube unless it's beyond repair.
    If you can't find the puncture, inflate the tube, put it in some water and look for the bubbles.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    And check the inside of your tyre to make sure whatever caused the puncture isn't still there. If it is, then remove it.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009