forgot how much getting hurt hurts

rickbst170
rickbst170 Posts: 228
edited May 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Must be getting old. Rolled down the start ramp at local bmx track yesterday but didn't realize I was in the granny ring. Went to pedal and smashed my knee into the stem. Damn it hurts! Fell of later but grazes are fine, but aaarrrrrggggggghhhhh my knee is shot from hitting the stem. Not even a mark on it so no cool war wounds. Ah well. Lesson learned, prep before takeoff!

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Don't worry. One day you'll graduate to the big boys tracks.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rickbst170
    Hope so. The bmx track had a revamp and now it's all big and scary. Tidworth freeride is only about 10 miles away too, but that looks scary too. Will have a scout around the plannies (a very local jump spot) soon but might have to resort to building/finding some little jumps in the local woods to practice on first where no one can see me fall over and graze my knee
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Wait till your old, unfit and flabby like me. Nowadays I bounce like a balloon full of water.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Man the funk up. Chicks dig scars and broken bones heal.
    Tidworth isn't just big jumps, there are some easier, flowing tracks without jumps as well. Just don't bother going if it's wet.
  • rickbst170
    Lol that made me laugh. Got back on and hit the jumps again but I forgot how much impact wounds hurt. Grazes are fine, but a big hit to a kneecap with small impact point is just no fun. will give tidworth a bash once I'm more confident on the bike (still working out balance points for manuals, gaining confidence on flat pedals etc). Few more hours in the saddle and I'll be there I reckon.