Bibs: Rapha Classics vs Sportful Bodyfit Pro

Curious Yellow
Curious Yellow Posts: 281
edited May 2014 in Road buying advice
Got a chance to buy some Rapha gear at prices affordable by mortals. Just wondering how they compare to the Sportfuls which I own and rate highly. Anyone own both who cares to comment please?

Comments

• cadseen
    cadseen Posts: 170
    edited May 2014
    If you got the chance to get them at a good price then go for them. Think you will be more than happy with them.
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    After lots of trial and error I've worked out that rapha and castelli bibs fit me better than the others I've tried. Out of those two rapha are my preference, the pad is brilliant. Classics and lightweights are both excellent bibs, you won't be disappointed. Plus you get classics guarantee......
  • Cheshire Cat
    Cheshire Cat Posts: 309
    I have of a pair of each, the Sportful are a great pair of shorts and fit closer than the Rapha Classics, not because they are smaller, but they are a race fit. The Rapha shorts are an all day short, you don't even realise that you have them on, the leg is slightly longer too. The material on the Classic shorts feels heavier, I don't mean in weight but in the number of threads. Both shorts are very good, but for different reasons.

I wear XL in Sportful and L in Rapha...if it helps, the Rapha reair service is excellent, they repaired my Pro shorts within a couple of weeks, great job too.
    “Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” Hunter S Thompson
  • Cheers, I'm an M in Sportful, so perhaps I should try the small in Rapha.

Tell me about the returns/repair please. Is it free like CRC?
  • Cheshire Cat
    Cheshire Cat Posts: 309
    You email Rapha and they return you a prepaid postage label which you print off and fix to your envelope. Send them off, wait a while and they are returned back free of charge, easy and doesn't cost you anything. Not sure about return costs due to incorrect size or such like as I have never had to use it.
    “Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” Hunter S Thompson
  • Cheers man. I took some measurements.

My waist says medium, my inside leg says small. Decisions, decisions!
  • mattyarse
    mattyarse Posts: 65
    Cheers man. I took some measurements.

My waist says medium, my inside leg says small. Decisions, decisions!

Order both sizes. That will also take you over the £200 free postage threshold. Then keep the pair that fits best, and use the free returns service to return the pair that don't fit.