Sadde advice

vespario
vespario Posts: 228
edited May 2014 in Road buying advice
Replacing Fizik Kurve bull as it cracked.

Have tried selle italia concor and romin pro. Romin was too wide along nose and killed my sit bones.

Have poor flexibility and flat saddle hurt my crotch.

Any ideas for a replacement greatly appreciated!

Comments

• A bit like asking what ISA to invest in really, sorry....
  • vespario
    Not really.

After a saddle shaped like Bull Kurve e.g Romin pro but softer or more padding and a narrowe nose than Romin.

Had 135 mm Romin.
    Tried arione, width and padding find but too flat so didn't tilt my hips.

Any saddle suggestions welcome!
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    I don't know all of those saddles you mention but have a look at the WTB range - especailly the Silverado (if they still make it). I liked mine. If you want a wider saddle at the back with with a narrow nose then the WTB Devo (no the Deva) may interest.

Currently I only use Selle SMPs though - love them - never had numbess with them. Pricey though.

Of course we are all built differently though....
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • rrsodl
    rrsodl Posts: 486
    vespario wrote:
    Not really.

After a saddle shaped like Bull Kurve e.g Romin pro but softer or more padding and a narrowe nose than Romin.

Had 135 mm Romin.
    Tried arione, width and padding find but too flat so didn't tilt my hips.

Any saddle suggestions welcome!

Romin pro but softer or more padding and a narrowe nose than Romin = Romin Evo I think
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Have a look at the Fizik Versus range.eg the Aliante or Antares. A bit more padding and a central channel to help protect the perianal region.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/fizik-aliante-v ... 5360437573

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/fizik-antares-v ... ium-rails/

I am currently going through the process of finding a a saddle to give me an acceptable level of comfort over long distances. The Aliante Versus is in the mix ATM
  • vespario
    Thanks.
    Am going to test an aliante and Antares.
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    You could try the Spesh Romin Evo Expert - more padded and flexible than the Pro version and the front end has slightly different shape than the Romin - feels significantly different.

Peter