Ribble - fast customer service

Hals1967
Hals1967 Posts: 231
edited May 2014 in Road buying advice
Ordered a pair of Mavic Ksyrium Elites from Ribble with Shimano freehub...and received an equally lovely pair of Mavic Ksyrium Elites with a Campag freehub...grrrr.
Rang them this morning and be fair to Ribble they were very apologetic and arranged to have the wheels picked up this afternoon (which they were) and replaced.
Anyone else had this happen from Ribble or any of the big mail order companies ?

1967 Engine

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    I'd just be happy with that customer service. How someone deals with a problem tells you more than how they deal with it all when it goes to plan.

Pretty sure every small, mid and large mail order company has had its fair share of problems and mishaps
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • sa0u823e wrote:
    I'd just be happy with that customer service. How someone deals with a problem tells you more than how they deal with it all when it goes to plan.

Pretty sure every small, mid and large mail order company has had its fair share of problems and mishaps

Good post sa0u823e
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    It sounds like an easily made mistake which they have apologised for, and dealt with expediently... What more do you want, a reach around?
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • DiscoBoy wrote:
    It sounds like an easily made mistake which they have apologised for, and dealt with expediently... What more do you want, a reach around?

Yes please.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • EgasaC
    EgasaC Posts: 11
    Consider that forum users will glance down thread titles before reading the topics that appeal. "Ribble woes" is going to leave a negative impression from the outset for this retailer whether or not the topic is read.
    Change the thread title to "Good Old Ribble - Putting Customers First". For you, sir, have a happy tale, bereft of woe.
    Enjoy your wheels.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    edited May 2014
    What an absolute TW4T.

Buys something online because its cheaper and then disses the company publicly because they made an easy mistake, even though they bent over backwards to put it right :o
    Then further takes the pi55 out of them by calling them jockeys..... grrrr
    Next time go in a bloddy shop and pay list price so you can check them out before going home :wink:

But yes, a similar thing happened to me.
    Got some cheap Zeros. they were cheap because of having a Campag freehub. Only when they arrived they had the Shimano one that I actually wanted.
    Saved me a fortune. Wheels were hundreds of pounds cheaper and I did not have to buy a new £50 free hub.

I kept quite about it (as people make mistakes and life is swings and roundabouts) but I am sure the OP would have forwarded a cheque for the difference by return of post 8)
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    edited May 2014
    The original post signifies a lot that's wrong with forums. What was the point of posting it? Do you realise how many orders Ribble must despatch every single day? Human mistakes can and will happen, Ribble are sorting it out, the end. Get over yourself.

Absolutely does my head in when people post something up, dissing hard working, honest companies as soon as they make a mistake. People don't realise the damage they can cause by posting negative comments.

I've had multiple orders from Ribble and they've always been great.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    edited May 2014
    DKay wrote:
    The original post signifies a lot that's wrong with forums. What was the point of posting it? Human mistakes can and will happen. Ribble are sorting it out, the end. Get over yourself.

No, it signifies what is wrong with a lot of people/posters.

I would diss say, wiggle, if they actively/blatantly/purposefully try to rob me/people, but not just for making a mistake.

As has been said, its how companies deal with errors that show their metal anyway.
  • DKay
    Carbonator wrote:
    DKay wrote:
    The original post signifies a lot that's wrong with forums. What was the point of posting it? Human mistakes can and will happen. Ribble are sorting it out, the end. Get over yourself.

No, it signifies what is wrong with a lot of people/posters.

I agree. If a company makes good rectifying their mistake, it would actually make me more confident dealing with them in the future.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Personally, I always think that I don't always provide the perfect service to people I work with and I'm grateful that they don't post my imperfections on the internet. And so I treat the likes of Ribble in the same way.

Of course, the OP is probably perfect in every way and therefore deserves to get in a strop at the slightest flaw in customer service!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Hals1967
    Hals1967 Posts: 231
    Sorry guys that did come across as completely wrong and if any offence caused to anyone I apologise.
    Yes - what an absolute TW4T.

1967 Engine
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    WTF?!? That escalated quickly especially as I read the original post as praise for Ribble not a complaint!!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    NapoleonD wrote:
    WTF?!? That escalated quickly especially as I read the original post as praise for Ribble not a complaint!!

Depends if you read the original post before or after the title and content was edited! I think Hals over-reacted a bit to a minor cock up in the delivery department from Ribble!

He's now honourably retracted his criticism and acknowledged a minor case of tw4tishness and in doing so made the rest of us look like tw4ts! :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Heh heh!
    I only just saw the thread :lol:
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • curto80
    curto80 Posts: 314
    Dammit, looks like I'm too late to jump on the hysterical "burn the OP" bandwagon. Ah well, it was pretty full already.
    Rose Xlite Team 3100 Di2
    Kinesis Tripster ATR
    Orro Oxygen
  • DKay
    Hals1967 wrote:
    Sorry guys that did come across as completely wrong and if any offence caused to anyone I apologise.
    Yes - what an absolute TW4T.

Thumbs up. 8)
  • cgrenn
    cgrenn Posts: 206
    Ahh Im struggling with Ribble at the moment. Im really interested in getting there Aero 883 Frameset,
    Yet I need some info on the frame to buy the groupset (BB size, Braze on/off Etc) Yet I have Tweeted the three times,
    Messaged them twice. When I rung them they asked me to Email them. Its all a bit of a Struggle!
  • BigLights
    BigLights Posts: 464
    I have to say, despite all the froth online about Ribble, my experience with them was really very good. They were patient with me on the phone when deciding/changing mind/ordering. They told me at the time it would be a 6 week lead time as they were busy. 4 weeks later I get an email saying the bike is ready to be shipped, arrived spic and span, happy days. I can't really ask for more than that.
  • cgrenn
    cgrenn Posts: 206
    Anybody know a good person to contact regarding my issue?