Cant clip into look pedals

philsalliss
philsalliss Posts: 175
edited May 2014 in Road beginners
Hi just got some look keo carbon pedals from ebay in really condition and got some shoes the other day with red look cleats. Anyway wanted to have a run out today as off work but after an hour trying none stop i just cant clip into the pedals at all. Not even close.

I was using some shimano mtb ones before snd had no issues at all getting in and out.the hinge but at rear of pedal is facing forwards which i presume is correct and its set to all the way minus but when step down and hook front part the cleat is way beyond rear of hinge and no amount of pressing down will get it to go back enabling me to clip in.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Sounds like the cleat is too big? If you look at the pedal/cleat as you try to clip a shoe in, that should reveal whats going on. Can you post a pic?

I have the look keo carbons, they work the same as the other look pedals.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Have you got Look Delta cleats ? The original ones ?

They won't fit look Keo pedals.
  • philsalliss
    philsalliss Posts: 175
    Yep they are look delta ones. Im new to cycling and was trusting the shop to give me rhe right stuff so didnt really check and i wouldnt have really known what i was checking either. Luckily when i got the pedals off ebay i got a free set of grey keo cleats so swapped over and all sorted. Its always the most obvious thing. Ha