De Rosa Idol 2014

andrewthomas197
andrewthomas197 Posts: 117
edited July 2014 in Road buying advice
Hello,

Just wondered whether anyone has actually seen one of these in the flesh?

I am finding it really difficult to actually find any reviews on the bike so any information would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• 2oldnslow
    2oldnslow Posts: 313
    apologies for reviving such an old post but looking at the Idol disc myself I wonder could I ask if you went ahead and bought the idol ?
  • No still waiting for my local dealer to get hold of a frame.

However I did go to De Rosa in Milan and saw a disc version, looked very nice.
  • pak-man
    pak-man Posts: 76
    Have a look in the Your Road Bikes section. Someone posted some pics of one he'd bought for his wife so they may be able to give you some feedback. Saw one in the flesh - gorgeous looking bike!
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    PAK-MAN wrote:
    Have a look in the Your Road Bikes section. Someone posted some pics of one he'd bought for his wife so they may be able to give you some feedback. Saw one in the flesh - gorgeous looking bike!
    It's a nice thought but she bought it for herself.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • 2oldnslow
    2oldnslow Posts: 313
    I'll take a look thanks PAK-MAN
  • pak-man
    pak-man Posts: 76
    poppit wrote:
    PAK-MAN wrote:
    It's a nice thought but she bought it for herself.

Whoops, sorry (to Mrs Poppit). Serves me right for relying on a failing memory...