Jagwire Thinline Inline Adjusters

Proz
Proz Posts: 136
edited May 2014 in Workshop
Hello ...
Anyone used these and more importantly how are they installed.
When turned one end moves in and out so does the end that moves go at the shifter end of the cable or at the derailleur end ?
Should they be installed fully wound in or fully extended ?
The supplied instructions are a bit vague.

Thanks
Boardman AiRPro C
Boardman FS Team 650b

Comments

• monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,891
    If they're the same as the one I have on my bike, it goes in the middle of the cable (can't remember if it came with the cables or with the brakes so could be Avid rather than Jagwire).

I could take a picture if that helps.
  • Proz
    monkimark wrote:
    If they're the same as the one I have on my bike, it goes in the middle of the cable (can't remember if it came with the cables or with the brakes so could be Avid rather than Jagwire).

I could take a picture if that helps.

I know where im going to install them on my road bike .... im just unsure of how to install them :?
    Boardman AiRPro C
    Boardman FS Team 650b
  • sandyballs
    sandyballs Posts: 577
    I fit them with the thread in the middle therefore I can increase or decrease tension. As for which way round it's personal preference I have the moving ferrule to the rear of the cable flow just cos I think it looks better that way.
  • Proz
    Sandyballs wrote:
    I fit them with the thread in the middle therefore I can increase or decrease tension. As for which way round it's personal preference I have the moving ferrule to the rear of the cable flow just cos I think it looks better that way.

Thanks ... that's the type of info I was looking for .
    Boardman AiRPro C
    Boardman FS Team 650b
  • gozzy
    gozzy Posts: 640
    You should be fitting them with the thread screwed in, same as you would with the barrel adjuster on the rear mech. You shouldn't need to decrease tension after attaching a cable.