The Sunny Thursday Thread

arran77
arran77 Posts: 9,260
edited May 2014 in The bottom bracket
Morning clunge sniffers.

The sun is shinning and my boss is away today so life is good.

The cherry on top will be if we get Sean the prodigal son making an appearance again today and shirking like the good old days :wink:

Anyway onwards to work and caffeine.
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Comments

• AlexMac1973
    AlexMac1973 Posts: 406
    It's a very sunny Thursday here in Cornwall, temps are about to near the 20's, there's barely a breath of wind and the kid is in nursery for a full day.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: What to do :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
    Scott S40 Speedster
    Dialled Stay Strong MX20R

I no longer live in an ivory tower, these days it's vintage white :shock:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Today has started well, decent 34 mile ride into work today. Already eaten my lunch :(
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Lovely and sunny here, amazing how the sun can even make Feltham look nice. Actually that's a complete lie, it's still a shithole. Going to meet the EPO for lunch in Twickenham later, probably sit by the river in the sunshine.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Is this another MAMIL thread 'cos if it isn't...

Very early start this morning. Late night last night having a fight with Ivy - felt like I was in a scene from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
    It is a beautiful day here except I need a Siesta to recharge the batteries.

P
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,007
    35km ride* at 6am under the belt, just munching my way through some morning fruit then off to do a site survey after lunch.

* I'm not middle aged so don't count as a MAMIL
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • fatsmoker
    fatsmoker Posts: 585
    Mistimed my ride to the dentist this morning and was called in immediately still sweating buckets. Damn this warm weather :)
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    The new milk frothing machine is overheating the milk and scalding the coffee :(

Good batch of croissants this morning though :)

Better do some work now :cry:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Certainly is sunny here in Central London - I reckon it must be 'skin Thursday' when the temp rises above the threshold necessary to give you an eyeful :) Time to start wearing shades when leaving the office so I can get away with 'observing' more....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    I'd leave it a couple of weeks so the skin is less pastey pale but then again I suppose the days of fake tanning have helped there.
  • Blacktemplar
    Blacktemplar Posts: 713
    The cloud here's got a bit less battleship grey. And the permafrost is looking like thawing a bit just in time for the inevitable weekend deluge. Curse you, Jetstream....
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Certainly is sunny here in Central London - I reckon it must be 'skin Thursday' when the temp rises above the threshold necessary to give you an eyeful :) Time to start wearing shades when leaving the office so I can get away with 'observing' more....

Know what you mean, I'm in Central London too and have a 1st floor window seat opposite a junction, so I can "observe" with impunity :lol: I love it when the sun comes out and the layers come off 8)
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • Blacktemplar
    drlodge wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Know what you mean, I'm in Central London too and have a 1st floor window seat opposite a junction, so I can "observe" with impunity :lol: I love it when the sun comes out and the layers come off 8)
    I commute through sunny Drumchapel, and I can tell you I dread when the temperature goes up... the sun comes out and the layers come off. Ugh....
    Mark Twain
  • pinno
    The cloud here's got a bit less battleship grey. And the permafrost is looking like thawing a bit just in time for the inevitable weekend deluge. Curse you, Jetstream....

Come down to Stranraer, it's actually sunny here. We could share a barell of 80shilling and a cask of whisky. Bring flour, eggs, water, oil and some Mars bars.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479

Come down to Stranraer, it's actually sunny here. We could share a barell of 80shilling and a cask of whisky. Bring flour, eggs, water, oil and some Mars bars.

I hope you already know the poor guy before lining up kinky s**t like that for him!
  • florerider
    aah, Mars bars and memories of a certain Miss Faithful in her younger days :D
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I filed my tax return. Late !
    Living MY dream.
  • florerider
    VTech wrote:

another fine coming up then

I got fined for putting the right information in the wrong boxes, fined £300 and I didn't even owe anything :(
  • Blacktemplar
    Pross wrote:

I hope you already know the poor guy before lining up kinky s**t like that for him!
    Frankly you only need the oil and the Mars Bar for a good time.... mind you the whisky helps....

After all, this IS the bottom bracket...... :mrgreen:
    Mark Twain
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    florerider wrote:
    VTech wrote:

I got fined for putting the right information in the wrong boxes, fined £300 and I didn't even owe anything :(

More than just a fine, I got the warning letter. TBF, This time I was actually guilty.
    Living MY dream.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Pross wrote:

What is the fun if you know the guy
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • florerider
    So, are London's fair maids all solar powered?

And where do they go in the winter?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Utterly shyyyt day at work. I'm going to get drunk.

Lovely and sunny though.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    florerider wrote:
    VTech wrote:

I had this problem with the SA short which they conveniently lost and I began to wonder why I hadn't got the return late January.
    After much toing and froing, I sought advice from Alex Ferguson MSP who said to write a letter saying that after consulting my MP who informed me that your department is in total dissarray and I am not prepared to pay a fine for your incompetence.

It worked and I now always always send anything to the IR by recorded delivery.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    MSP and retired alcoholic purple nosed football manager? Blimey, now he can multi task.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    florerider wrote:
    So, are London's fair maids all solar powered?

And where do they go in the winter?
    I think they just cover themselves up in Winter. Not to worry, now we've celebrated 'Tit Thursday' we've got a few months of rubbernecking and letching to look forward to :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Blacktemplar
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Pross wrote:

What is the fun if you know the guy
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Mark Twain