Bulgarians, something must be done

nathancom
nathancom Posts: 1,567
edited May 2014 in The cake stop
I think our government must do something about Bulgarians and Romanians not coming to our country. It is an insult that they have been leaving. What's wrong with our country? I hope David Cameron has strong words with their leaders...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27407126

Comments

• David Cameron couldn't have a strong word with anyone, no one takes him seriously.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Ask Sean about it i'm sure his Uncle is Bulgarian.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Immigration is the sincerest form of flattery...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    :roll:

Who's going to do all of the jobs that the British work shy underclass are not willing to do :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965

Is Sean a Womble?

The older I get, the better I was.

• lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    The governments figures released today only give those working here legitimately .They are no problem at all. They do the jobs that those who are being paid to sit at home should be doing.
    It is the immigrants that are here that are being paid cash in hand plus those who are here that are here legit. and not working that are the problem. We will never get figures for those.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Capt Slog wrote:

Is Sean a Womble?

Does Rolf like Harris?
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    lesfirth wrote:
    The governments figures released today only give those working here legitimately .They are no problem at all. They do the jobs that those who are being paid to sit at home should be doing.
    It is the immigrants that are here that are being paid cash in hand plus those who are here that are here legit. and not working that are the problem. We will never get figures for those.

Surely there'll be fewer working on the black market now they can come here legally?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    arran77 wrote:
    :roll:

Who's going to do all of the jobs that the British work shy underclass are not willing to do :wink:
    Yep, we need more hard working tax slaves to fund all the tracksuit wearing dole scroungers :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    johnfinch wrote:
    lesfirth wrote:

Surely there'll be fewer working on the black market now they can come here legally?

No, thats the misconception.
    When you have poorer people who are willing to do the work lazy brits won't do (those same people sitting at home with a better lifestyle than many here who work 40 hours+) they become willing to take jobs from other brits who want to evade costs.
    Paying someone cash in hand costs the country much more than the small amount of tax the person would pay, there is national insurance liability and others.

I think your right, and I would go as far as to say that for every 10 legit I wouldn't be shocked to find 3 illegals !
    Living MY dream.
  • nathancom
    They can't be 'illegals' as they have the right to work anywhere in the EU.
  • VTech
    nathancom wrote:

Again, your mistaken. Isn't this becoming a habit ?
    If someone from a foreign country but within the EU comes here and works without first being entitled to do so (and that includes following UK law) they lose the right to work.
    It is one of the many sections of the contractual obligations the joint members agreed too.

Of course this is just a reason to try and control taxation but it is a law nonetheless.
    Living MY dream.
  • nathancom
    VTech wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

Again, your mistaken. Isn't this becoming a habit ?
    If someone from a foreign country but within the EU comes here and works without first being entitled to do so (and that includes following UK law) they lose the right to work.
    It is one of the many sections of the contractual obligations the joint members agreed too.

Of course this is just a reason to try and control taxation but it is a law nonetheless.
    I used quotations for a reason. 'illegals' is a term used as a slur against illegal immigrants. Bulgarians and Romanians have no restriction on their movement within the EU so why did you use the slur against them?

http://colorlines.com/droptheiword/
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/charles-garcia/illegal-immigrant-slur_b_1653816.html
    VTech wrote:
    I think your right, and I would go as far as to say that for every 10 legit I wouldn't be shocked to find 3 illegals !

And please stop flaming every thread.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Here we go again.

AmKCPg.gif
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • VTech
    I went on a rant but truth is, your who you are and for that I simply can't help.
    Living MY dream.
  • arran77 wrote:
    Here we go again.

AmKCPg.gif

DULL_2576816b.jpg
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    nathancom wrote:
    I think our government must do something about Bulgarians and Romanians not coming to our country. It is an insult that they have been leaving. What's wrong with our country? I hope David Cameron has strong words with their leaders...

is it just me or do Nathan and VTech share more than they might admit? I am willing to host a love in in some teepees. The kettle will be on. Peace and love everyone. (there is no peace and love smiley - I think that tells us a lot about this site :mrgreen: )
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • nathancom
    nathancom wrote:

is it just me or do Nathan and VTech share more than they might admit? I am willing to host a love in in some teepees. The kettle will be on. Peace and love everyone. (there is no peace and love smiley :wink::wink::wink: - I think that tells us a lot about this site :mrgreen: )
    Sorry I forgot the :wink: at the end of my post. It is fashionable so I added some to yours too.