Will Halfords always be the only UK supplier of Voodoo?

jdk2014
jdk2014 Posts: 24
edited May 2014 in MTB general
Or have Voodoo plans to sell through other UK shops. It's just that Halfords use the Cycle2work scheme while my workplace uses cyclescheme. I'd really like a Bizango 29er.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Don't hold your breath.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Not any time soon.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    They will almost certainly have started with a 5 year sole agency agreement, if Voodoo sell elsewhere expect Halfords to stop selling them and prices to rise due to reduced volumes.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • jdk2014
    jdk2014 Posts: 24
    Ah well. I'll look elsewhere then.
  • orbdemon
    orbdemon Posts: 12
    Why don't you ask if the cycle scheme provider will source it from Halfords and supply it with an admin fee - I know that Halfords will do that the other way round if it's a bike they don't stock.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    The current Halfords/Voodoo range are custom specced for Halfords so you'll not see them anywhere else. To get a bike like the Bizango through a more traditional dealer chain you'd be spending a grand or upwards so it'd still not work out good value as cyclescheme.

I reckon if they ever do decide to go back into the non-car-shop business, it'll be the same as GT- "Well screw you Halfords, we're taking our ball and... Oh. Selling practically no bikes in the UK"
    Uncompromising extremist
  • The Rookie
    Northwind wrote:
    The current Halfords/Voodoo range are custom specced for Halfords so you'll not see them anywhere else.
    Not sure they are custom specced for Halfords when the same bikes are available across Europe at non Halfords stores. US range is different though.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Northwind
    According to Joe Murray they're designed and built for Halfords... Can't find anyone else selling the key Halfords models like the Bizango?
    Uncompromising extremist
  • The Rookie
    You can get all the other models across Europe except the Bizango (which may be Halfords specific), all on their website.
  • Northwind
    Voodoo's website? It has only a couple of euro distributors and one of them doesn't actually list Voodoo as one of their brands...
    Uncompromising extremist