What BB30 Converter

aiwa_yamaha
aiwa_yamaha Posts: 137
edited May 2014 in Road buying advice
I have just bought the Dura Ace 9000 Crankset for my 2012 Specialized Tarmac Comp which is currently running the BB30 system. I obviously need a converter kit to fit the cranks to my frame and have been looking to buy the Praxis converter kit which looks to have good reviews. Would anyone recommend this or know of any really good kits (based on personal experience would be good)

If i was to buy the Praxis Converter kit i assume i have to buy the OSBB version which is 68mm right?

Thanks people

Comments

• 47p2
    47p2 Posts: 329
    I fitted a Praxis to my BB30 frame a few weeks ago and so far it has worked flawlessly, easy to fit but make sure you clean out the BB shell first. Yes 68mm for road bikes
  • aiwa_yamaha
    Just to clear up. Aren't specialized oversized BB's compared to other road bikes or did i just make this up, or is every road bike made 68mm?

Also what crankset did you fit and where did you get your Praxis kit from?
  • 47p2
    47p2 Posts: 329
    Specialized needs the SBC OSBB adapter

I upgraded from an FSA Compact to a 105-5700 53T-39 chainset as the rest of the group is 105-5700

Bought mine from freeborn.co.uk £53.99

Link here
  • aiwa_yamaha
    I'm leaving the FSA SLK compact set up. Want to leave the BB30 and carbon cranks. Thanks for the link and information. Just bought the SBC adapter. hopefully have my dura ace cranks on by the weekend :)))