Summer Spin 13 July - Free Entry Ride

mrc1
mrc1 Posts: 852
edited July 2014 in Commuting chat
Hi All

Mods - I hope that as this is a free entry ride which I'm hoping will get some of the BR gang together and I'm a long time member this is ok to post, but apologies if not!

We are running the free entry 120k Summer Spin on the 13th July starting from Billericay in Essex. It's a great route out into the rural lanes of Essex and onto the Dengie peninsula (where such biking luminaries as Alex Dowsett and ahem myself call home) which offers something different for those used to Richmond Park and the Surrey Hills. We already have several Bikeradar users signed up and it'd be great to have a few more of you along (numbers are capped at 30 for this ride), so if you would like to join us then please take a look at the link below:

http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk/summer-spin/

Cheers Rob
http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Balls. I'm away that weekend :cry:

I mean, have a good ride folks :)
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    Email sent, I'm in (hopefully)!

Start is one mile from my house so that is cool.
  • essex-commuter
    (hopefully)!

Confirmed. Thanks Laura.

Up for a beer or two after as well if anyone is interested.
  • mrc1
    (hopefully)!

Confirmed. Thanks Laura.

Up for a beer or two after as well if anyone is interested.

Great stuff - we have ordered up a fine summer's day weather wise, so will look into reserving an area in a pub near the finish line.

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • essex-commuter
    mrc1 wrote:
    so will look into reserving an area in a pub near the finish line.

Speak to me for recommendations! Can help out with the reservation if required.
  • mrc1
    mrc1 wrote:
    so will look into reserving an area in a pub near the finish line.

Speak to me for recommendations! Can help out with the reservation if required.

Official Beer Tester appointed.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Will try to get a pass, Rob.

Hope all's well.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • mrc1
    cjcp wrote:
    Will try to get a pass, Rob.

Hope all's well.

Excellent be good to see you Chris.

All very well thanks - final prep before a summer of Raids, the Etape, Marmotte, TdF, King of the Mountains etc etc 8)

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I'd love to be there but its the same day as my local sportive, the Magnificat and I have unfinished business :twisted:

fingers, arms & legs crossed for weather like last year :?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • essex-commuter
    Is this still going ahead? I'm just back from vacation, don't think I've missed any emails?
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    i havent heard anything other than a confirmation email when i signed up...
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Definitely going ahead as saw a tweet yesterday

I check LDT's website, which has a few additional details:

"Where and When

Sunday 13 July 2014 10am at the Billericay High Street Car Park (behind Santander bank), which is easily accessed by road (within an hour of central London) or rail (35 min train services from London Liverpool Street).

On arrival all you have to do is confirm your registration details with one of the LDT representatives and you are free to ride. There will be no mass start, with riders being free to roll out once they have registered, however we would ask steadier riders to set off at 10am sharp, while the keener end of the pack are encouraged to set off closer to 10.30am."
  • essex-commuter
    JZed wrote:
    Definitely going ahead as saw a tweet yesterday

I check LDT's website, which has a few additional details:

"Where and When

Sunday 13 July 2014 10am at the Billericay High Street Car Park (behind Santander bank), which is easily accessed by road (within an hour of central London) or rail (35 min train services from London Liverpool Street).

On arrival all you have to do is confirm your registration details with one of the LDT representatives and you are free to ride. There will be no mass start, with riders being free to roll out once they have registered, however we would ask steadier riders to set off at 10am sharp, while the keener end of the pack are encouraged to set off closer to 10.30am."

Thanks for that. Any sign of a gps route on there? I'm assuming due to it being a low key event there won't be any signage as such?
  • mrc1
    Hi All

Still very much going ahead - full GPS route and final info will be sent through this evening to those who have registered.

Cheers

Rob

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • essex-commuter
    mrc1 wrote:
    Hi All

Still very much going ahead - full GPS route and final info will be sent through this evening to those who have registered.

Cheers

Rob

Cheers Rob.
  • spasypaddy
    Sounds good Rob, looking forward to it.

Is this a relatively flat 120km? need to make a wheel choice for sunday...
  • mrc1
    Yes - it's very much a classics style ride with several kicks and one sustained climb to a peak height of 109m, punctuating a route that should suit deeper sections perfectly subject to blustery winds on the coast.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • spasypaddy
    excellent.

the enves will probably get swapped on in place of the rsys slrs.
  • essex-commuter
    Email received and tcx file downloaded.

Thank you.
  • spasypaddy
    weather looks good :|

might have to buy some gabba shorts...
  • itboffin
    Looks soggy over in the east on Sunday, gabbas at the ready chaps

atm my forecast here in the SW is light showers but 26 mph gusts - just how how I like it :evil:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Street bbq that day. Sorry, Rob. Hope it goes well.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I'm out as well. Have to work this Sunday, again.
  • spasypaddy
    itboffin wrote:
    Looks soggy over in the east on Sunday, gabbas at the ready chaps

atm my forecast here in the SW is light showers but 26 mph gusts - just how how I like it :evil:
    i shall be gabba'd up if its raining, otherwise club kit for me
  • itboffin
    22:17 right now here in Windshire at the outside temp is 18c 8) the last couple of days have been blistering hot here, tomorrow should be similar and Sunday with light showers.

I've lost all the weight I gained during my "recovery" week my kit is already laid out for tomorrow and Sunday's Magnificat otherwise i'd be all over this one Rob/Laura

Next year, so long as it doesnt clash again, i've got to support my local sportive and the Wilts Air Ambulance :wink:
    especially as I personally came close to needing them.
  • mrc1
    itboffin wrote:
    22:17 right now here in Windshire at the outside temp is 18c 8) the last couple of days have been blistering hot here, tomorrow should be similar and Sunday with light showers.

I've lost all the weight I gained during my "recovery" week my kit is already laid out for tomorrow and Sunday's Magnificat otherwise i'd be all over this one Rob/Laura

Next year, so long as it doesnt clash again, i've got to support my local sportive and the Wilts Air Ambulance :wink:
    especially as I personally came close to needing them.

No probs we'll be rolling out (da da tish) a range of rides so hopefully one will work for you!

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    A big thank you to Rob & Laura for putting on a great route.

In between the heavy rain bursts there was some spectacular views and the standard of the roads was largely superb. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
  • itboffin
    Pics or it didnt happen, you know the rulez
  • essex-commuter
    Gutted I couldn't make it. My Dad's been in hospital for 5 weeks following a bad fall at home...and guess what, I got a call to say he was coming out yesterday at 11.30. Good news really but terrible timing.

Got a short run in around 9.30am though and did see a few riders heading up Norsey Road. Who was in the black Castelli top, anyone on here?