Scott Addict R2 working progress.

carl1983
carl1983 Posts: 162
edited May 2014 in Your road bikes
My new Scott Addict R2 build, Few things still to change still like groupo to sram red bit by bit! and the bars and stem to.

Weight 7.4Kg

Scott addict R2 frame and forks
Fulcrum Racing 5 wheels
Apex shifters
Force front derailleur
Rival rear derailleur
Rival brakes
Apex compact crank
1070 10 speed cassette
1070 chain
Richey WCS seatpost
Bontranger ssr bars
Bontranger stem
Full carbon saddle
Exustar Look pedals
Some plastic bottle holders 8)

photo1-4.jpg

Comments

• Vandiesel
    Vandiesel Posts: 506
    Very nice mate
    I need a saddle like that in my life! Any details please?
    Giant TCR Composite 3
  • carl1983
    Vandiesel wrote:
    Very nice mate
    I need a saddle like that in my life! Any details please?

The saddle is off ebay item number 121246298454 it's only £29.95! More comfortable then my last 3 saddles weights just 95g and cost 3 times less! Dont let the lack of any padding put you off it flexes enough and its the shape thats more important anyway.
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    Looks nice, but is there a reason that you have the stem like that, rather than level?
  • carl1983
    Looks nice, but is there a reason that you have the stem like that, rather than level?

Yes just because I have come from a much more relaxed frameset (Trek 1.5) I wanted to get used to the racing geometry first, although I think I will flip it round now as I have done a few miles on it and have been perfectly fine.
  • Escher303
    Escher303 Posts: 342
    Nice, enjoy riding it. I have two Addicts and they are amongst the best bikes to ride. Outstanding frame, great climbers, comfortable and with impeccable handling. Anyone I know who has one or has ridden one only have nice things to say about them.
  • carl1983
    Escher303 wrote:
    Nice, enjoy riding it. I have two Addicts and they are amongst the best bikes to ride. Outstanding frame, great climbers, comfortable and with impeccable handling. Anyone I know who has one or has ridden one only have nice things to say about them.

I agree completely, Just love this bike when on the steep climbs! And the frame is unbelievably light to.
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    Nice bike, don't you slip off the saddle as it's gloss? At £30 that is a steal! I might get me one but in matte to keep me on it
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • carl1983
    Miles253 wrote:
    Nice bike, don't you slip off the saddle as it's gloss? At £30 that is a steal! I might get me one but in matte to keep me on it

I worried about that before I rode with it but infact I don't slip at all, Done 100+ miles with it so far and never had any problems at all.
  • Vandiesel
    Vandiesel Posts: 506
    Any chance of posting up some pics of the saddle plz
    Giant TCR Composite 3
  • carl1983
    Vandiesel wrote:
    Any chance of posting up some pics of the saddle plz

Vandiesel check out ebay item number 121246298454 I will try and get some pics up later this afternoon.