Which chain ring

DaveMal
DaveMal Posts: 3
edited May 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi there.

As a bit of a simplification I'm looking to convert my front three chain rings to a single chain ring.

I know my bike (hardrock) isn't the best at all, but this bike does what I need it for and after I upgrade next year I want to keep this around for lending to bikeless friends.

I'm just wondering if this Race Face chain ring is compatible with my Crankset (Truvative X-Flow)... If i just get the chain ring and some smaller chain ring bolts should I be good to go?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
Dave

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Pics I can find for the X-flow suggest it has rivetted (not removable) chainrings, so that plan won't work.

http://www.freerider.ro/teste/angrenaj- ... -1795.html
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • DaveMal
    DaveMal Posts: 3
    Cheers, So I would need to swap out the cranks too
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If yours are rivetted, yes.

I have some spare RPM square taper cranks that are single ring specific (no granny bosses) pm me if you're interested, I have a spare bash as well (no ring).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.