The England Team (give a feck) and alternatives.

simonhead
simonhead Posts: 1,399
edited May 2014 in The bottom bracket
Office is already full of shoulda, woulda, why didnt he's. Bored already.
Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    simonhead wrote:

Don't worry. It will soon be over. :wink:
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Just think how nice and quiet the roads will be on the few days that we actually manage to stay in :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • simonhead
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    arran77 wrote:
    Just think how nice and quiet the roads will be on the few days that we actually manage to stay in :wink:
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    England squad:
    Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Manchester City), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion), Fraser Forster (Celtic).

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Luke Shaw (Southampton), Chris Smalling (Manchester United).

Midfielders: Ross Barkley (Everton), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Southampton), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal).

Attackers: Rickie Lambert (Southampton), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United).

Standby: John Ruddy (Norwich City), Jon Flanagan (Liverpool), John Stones (Everton), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Andy Carroll (West Ham United), Jermain Defoe (Toronto FC).
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    I must say, I hadn't realised there were as many as two English players at Man City.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Fraser Forster? Isn't he the guy who was touted as the next best thing since sliced bread because he had won 2,000 Scottish league titles and then the moment he came up against a team that wasn't as rubbish as every Scottish league team and let in 20 or something and shown to be truly appalling?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    I just heard it being discussed on the telly as I was making a cup of tea. The question asked was is the squad chosen more of a saloon car or a sorts car? The bloke answered "That's a very good question". What? He should have demanded to know what kind of 'kin stupid analogy is that. I don't know very much about the bootiful game, but surely that is a load of bollox.
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,505
    In my view, apart from the the brilliant Euro '96, the times when we (England) have played with a bit of a smile on our faces and when we have, perhaps realised our limited potential is when we have had some relatively unknown (outside of our shores) young tyro unfettered by previous tournament "experience" (read pressure) giving it the beans. Gascoigne in '90, Owen in '98, Rooney in '04.

Very much looking forward to seeing Ross Barkley, Wilshere, Alex OC et al having a go and I hope they get a chance to. I have a very limited expectation but to get to the quarters and then perchance to dream would brighten my summer . . .
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • Matthewfalle
    I personally very much looking forward to watching Pirlo boss the midfield like last time and Stevie G heading home in tears to beat up another disc jockey at his local social club.

I just hope for Engggeeerrrlaaaannndd that they are better against Italy than ;last time - if they get battered again it'll smash their confidence so much that they will lose the remainder of their games even more than they are going to already.

Ok, they have (generally) put a youthful team together, so fair play, but unfortunately they actually aren't hat good (technically, tactically, savvy, experience), so that's a major stumbling block.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Major yawn...
  • ballysmate
    We're sh1t, and we know we are......
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    We are going all the way this time!!!!!Mine's a pint of sh!t lager and a bag of salted racism.

Who cares, it's not like it's the premiership or champions league.
  • Anyone know the Welsh, Scottish or Oirish squads?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Matthewfalle
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Major yawn...

Is he in the same Regiment as Corporal Punishment, Major Trauma and General Chaos?

Sounds like someone from Adj Gen if you ask me.........

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • AlexMac1973
    AlexMac1973 Posts: 406
    The world cup is going to brilliant because when England are playing there'll be no fecker out on the roads. It'll be pure nirvana :lol: (until they get kicked out)
    Scott S40 Speedster
    Dialled Stay Strong MX20R

I no longer live in an ivory tower, these days it's vintage white :shock:
  • ballysmate
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Major yawn...

Is he in the same Regiment as Corporal Punishment, Major Trauma and General Chaos?

Don't forget Private Function and his mate, Private Parts.
  • Matthewfalle
    The world cup is going to brilliant because when England are playing there'll be no fecker out on the roads. It'll be pure nirvana :lol: (until they get kicked out)

But unfortunately at the end of each match England (and most of Magaluff) will be suffocating under a sea of puke, broken bottles, kebabs and crying imbeciles.

At least they won't be speaking French though, so that's ok then.

Thinking about it, do you think we can get a petition going so that we can get special puke tankers to collect up all the puke and dump it in Alsager, therefore improving not only the smell, look and colour of the aforementioned hell hole but will also improve the locals' cuisine.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Major yawn...

Don't forget Private Function and his mate, Private Parts.

Anal Devastation (which is quite high up in the Navy I understand)

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Ballysmate wrote:
    simonhead wrote:

Bally, don't be such a sourpuss. The World Cup is a great chance to drive around with those naff little England flags stuck on your car to wind up (a) Celtic whingers whose teams never made it to the World Cup and (b) lefties who hate the idea of anyone supporting England.

Bonus points if you can annoy somebody who is both (a) and (b) :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    simonhead wrote:

Bally, don't be such a sourpuss. The World Cup is a great chance to drive around with those naff little England flags stuck on your car to wind up (a) Celtic whingers whose teams never made it to the World Cup and (b) lefties who hate the idea of anyone supporting England.

Bonus points if you can annoy somebody who is both (a) and (b) :wink:

Piece of wee wee. I tend to annoy everyone. :lol:
  • Mikey23
    Oh yes, saw my first car flag yesterday

I wonder if the great British sewing bee is ever going to have the same stature...
  • Mikey23
    I expect those wily foreigners would win it... The brazilians and their fancy cross stitching would be hard to beat
  • ballysmate
    Mikey23 wrote:
    I expect those wily foreigners would win it... The brazilians and their fancy cross stitching would be hard to beat

What about French knitting?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:

What about French knitting?

...oh, where for art thou girls in knitwear... sigh
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • simonhead
  • Matthewfalle
    simonhead wrote:

Looking at that link before I clicked on it I honestly thought that someone was selling girls in knitwear - had me reaching for my wallet containing the wife's credit card without a moment's notice.

Just one click away from owning that girl in the cream jumper and the black glasses. So near yet so far ...........

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.