Like a Vittoria open corsa but cheaper ?

galatzo
galatzo Posts: 1,295
edited May 2014 in Road buying advice
Found these today and wondered how they would do on general duties if kept on best wheels for weekends ?
Given the price I'm hoping so but would like any opinions on them.
Love the open corsa cx but hard to find for less than £65 a paìr.
http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/TYVIOPTREV ... lding-tyre
25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.

Comments

• Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    I've used Vittoria open corsa for the last few years and they're the best clincher I've used but due to recent offers I've given Pro 4s and 4000s ago. I've got to say that the Pro 4s are faultless and the 4000s are ok but that's it.
  • galatzo
    I was thinking pro4s till I saw these as there's always deals on them, I just cant get on with contis 4000s - mamite tyres imo.
    So Vittoria triathlon open .......... ?
  • pollys_bott
    pollys_bott Posts: 1,012
    22mm tyres at min 115 psi for general riding? Hope you've got a good saddle and a tough ass!

Seriously though, try Pro 4 Endurance in 25mm, comfy yet tough - a poor man's Open Corsa in my experience so far.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Just buy Vittoria Open Corsa CX, or Veloflex Open Corsa. Job done.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    mfin wrote:

This.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • galatzo
    As I said the tri version are only £14.99 so wondered if they were worth a punt compared to open corsa cx at more than double that as we all know how good open corsa cx are.
    And re 115 psi vittoria over do the recommend psi on the open corse cx if you look so thanks for the help.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Have to say my first ride on Veloflex Corsa 22mm tyres was a good one tonight. Can't wait to wear them out and put a wider one.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    arran77 wrote:
    mfin wrote:

This.

Yip.

After a few years of Vittoria Open Corsa's on my clinchers I've just changed to Veloflex OC's and they're just as good. Also running Veloflex Masters on my Master :-)

Still running Vittoria Corsa tubs though.

I've tried Challenge, Conti and Schwalbe (what a nightmare) and none come close to the two OC's.