The sun has got its hat on

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited May 2014 in The cake stop
Is being responsible for broadcasting this song an offence worthy of losing your job?

I think not, I'm a big supporter of the BBC but the DJ concerned should not have been allowed to "fall on his sword".
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,126
    insane, it's a song from another time, the dj probably didn't even know the verse was there

trouble is that some fuckwits think they can edit reality to make it conform to their ideal
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    On the other side you have "actresses" who seemingly aren't that well known instruct solicitors to potentially sue the corporation for dodgy comments which was probably missed by the majority of the audience

That said i feel the dismissal was not proportionate but seems to shine a light on the fear that resides in the BBC about offending any one except our serving troops

I don't find anything offensive about dead enemy combatants
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    If only the DJ had owned the rights to one of the BBC's most popular TV programs, Top Gear, for example…...
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”