Help. Nicest route Preston to leeds on road

rich2w
rich2w Posts: 10
edited May 2014 in Road general
Hi.
Been landed in it at work. Someone had the great idea of a ride from our Preston to leeds offices, then handed the baton to yourself truly to suggest a route. The group could have some who will struggle with a sixty mile day so I am trying to be sympathetic time them.

I live near keighley so am ok from colne onwards (I think).
Any good suggestions for the lancashire side much appre.

Cheers rich

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,166
    A58, it's not a bad road really and takes you over blackstone edge and us easy to follow
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wobblehead
    Wobblehead Posts: 264
    Preston - Broughton Interchange - Goosnargh - Longridge - Hurst Green - Waddington - Bolton by Bowland - Gisburn - Barnoldswick

Quiet roads, bit undulating but nothing major
  • rickeverett
    rickeverett Posts: 988
    Wobblehead wrote:
    Preston - Broughton Interchange - Goosnargh - Longridge - Hurst Green - Waddington - Bolton by Bowland - Gisburn - Barnoldswick

Second that.

Or Preston Deepdale- Salmeabury Bottoms - Mellor - Lango- Whaley - Pendleton - Chatburn - Gisburn - Skipton - Ilkley- Leeds

Try and stay off the A59. It does have cycle paths in places, but its a fast dangerous road. Quickest route to Leeds from Preston on the bike but they don't call it "Coroners Corridor " for nothing.
  • gazhilla
    gazhilla Posts: 48
    Wobblehead wrote:

This is what I would use .
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    Strava says:

2zjAkpx.jpg

65.6miles, 4881ft climbing
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • socistep
    socistep Posts: 88
    DiscoBoy wrote:
    Strava says:

2zjAkpx.jpg

Another option could be to cut across to Colne then over to Haworth/wilsden then drop into Shipley and that way into Leeds

I would say a route north of Preston and Leeds would be best
  • rich2w
    rich2w Posts: 10
    Cheers guys, Really helpful.
  • rickeverett
    rickeverett Posts: 988
    socistep wrote:
    DiscoBoy wrote:
    Strava says:

2zjAkpx.jpg

Another option could be to cut across to Colne then over to Haworth/wilsden then drop into Shipley and that way into Leeds

I would say a route north of Preston and Leeds would be best

Yeah.
    Although you would be best going via Mellor and Whalley around Pendle to Colne. Seems daft going all the way up into Longridge.

All depends OP on how far you want to travel and where in Preston your setting off from.