Izalco Max with di2 yes or no

tonyhogg
tonyhogg Posts: 115
edited May 2014 in Road buying advice
I've test ridden a focus izalco max recently and loved it, the model I tested had SRAM red22 which I didn't love so much, this is the model I'm looking at buying http://www.focus-bikes.com/gb/en/bikes/ ... #chapter-1

Seems good value with dura ace di2, not sure about the wheels? Will probs put my dura ace c24's on. I really wanted the new semi compact 52/36 but it's only listed with compact or race standard.

I've got my doubts with the new 11sp, had some dodgy setup bmc slr01 with mechanical dura ace and di2, clicking scraping in the small ring and granny gear, general rough/noisy drivetrain noise, anything but smooth.

Also not impressed with reports of pf30 bottom brackets creaking on carbon frames...

Comments

• tonyhogg
    tonyhogg Posts: 115
    Any thoughts on the Focus Izalco Max??? 1.0 with dura ace di2 (tumbleweed blows past)
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    tonyhogg wrote:
    Any thoughts on the Focus Izalco Max??? 1.0 with dura ace di2 (tumbleweed blows past)

They're separate issues, you already say you like the bike, so just decide if you like Dura Ace di2 or not, not many people have anything bad to say about it, so maybe any negative experiences you have had are down to it not having been set up properly