Specialized S-works road shoes (wide fit)

surfgod
surfgod Posts: 97
edited May 2014 in Road buying advice
I tried on a pair of the new specialized s-works road shoes at my local specialized dealer and they were absolutely lovely..unfortunately they were just a little too narrow in the toe box for my wide feet. The thing is specialized make a wide fitting version of their new s-works road shoes (In Black only), but they have decided not to distribute them in the European market. There are plenty of specialized dealers in the US selling the wide, standard, and narrow fit version of these shoes but they refuse to ship specialized products to europe. :(

Comments

• bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    surfgod wrote:
    I tried on a pair of the new specialized s-works road shoes at my local specialized dealer and they were absolutely lovely..unfortunately they were just a little too narrow in the toe box for my wide feet. The thing is specialized make a wide fitting version of their new s-works road shoes (In Black only), but they have decided not to distribute them in the European market. There are plenty of specialized dealers in the US selling the wide, standard, and narrow fit version of these shoes but they refuse to ship specialized products to europe. :(

That's market protection for you.

European Specialized dealers will scream blue murder if they think US dealers are supplying cheaply to Europe.

To get round this when I bought my John Deere mower from New York (saving £20 000 in the process) was to get the product 'used' as a demonstrator. If they can call the shoes shop soiled or 'used', they should be able to send them to you.
  • mattv
    mattv Posts: 992
    They do import the Pro shoes into the UK in wide fit. Basically last years S Works sole with a different upper.
  • surfgod
    surfgod Posts: 97
    mattv wrote:
    They do import the Pro shoes into the UK in wide fit. Basically last years S Works sole with a different upper.

Thanks for that.....But the smallest size they distribute to Europe in the Pro wide fit is 43. I'm a 42 :?