Which 140mm-150mm 2nd hand fork?

alexthebear
alexthebear Posts: 349
edited May 2014 in MTB buying advice
I have a 2011 Camber that I've had for 6months now and upgrade fever has taken over me big time!!!! Just sold on my elixir 3 brakes to fund some SLX stoppers, picked up some sun ringle rims on nukeproof hubs and have just been offered £150 for my Recon golds which I am not about to turn down :mrgreen: so I'm now in the market for some 2nd hand forks with a budget of around £200 maybe a little more for the right fork but I'm completely done in by choice :shock:

I've been wanting a little extra travel on the front for a while but couldn't justify the spend, obvious options would be an old Pike, Rev or Talas but I'm sure there's plenty of others I have no idea about. I mainly ride trail centres and a couple uplift days a month and I enjoy the odd jump or 10 so I'm after something that will take a beating. Any ideas greatly welcomed cheers

Comments

• iLukeKendall
    iLukeKendall Posts: 160
    Thought that name looked familiar - fancy seeing you here! :P Sorry, can't help with your question though!
    Whyte 29-CS • Canyon Ultimate • #CCWMTB • Strava Profile
  • alexthebear
    Thought that name looked familiar - fancy seeing you here! :P Sorry, can't help with your question though!

Bloody useless you are!!!! :wink: About time I actually knew someone on here :)
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    I'd spend a little more a go for these

http://www.merlincycles.com/rockshox-re ... 58513.html

Comes out at just under £280
  • alexthebear
    Antm81 wrote:
    I'd spend a little more a go for these

http://www.merlincycles.com/rockshox-re ... 58513.html

Comes out at just under £280

If only I had the money this weekend :cry: essentially my money is being held to ransome until after I get married in a couple weeks but it's good to know that I can get brand new Revs for that price!!!! Even before the extra £30 comes off that's less than I thought, as you can tell this is my first fork purchase for nearly 10yrs :lol:
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    You could probably get some Rockshox Sektors brand new for that money - very good fork.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    If only I had the money this weekend :cry: essentially my money is being held to ransome until after I get married in a couple weeks

They've had the same offer on since I bought mine in February so it might last a bit longer than this weekend. They're a little cheaper as they're OE forks but same damper etc as normal, just no shock pump.
  • alexthebear
    ilovedirt wrote:
    You could probably get some Rockshox Sektors brand new for that money - very good fork.

Sektors are where in the range? This is where I get confused

Also I notice no one is suggesting any Fox models, is that because they are that much more expensive on their lower models?
    Antm81 wrote:
    If only I had the money this weekend :cry: essentially my money is being held to ransome until after I get married in a couple weeks

They've had the same offer on since I bought mine in February so it might last a bit longer than this weekend. They're a little cheaper as they're OE forks but same damper etc as normal, just no shock pump.

Got my fingers crossed. What does OE stand for? My stupid brain can't work it out :lol: Already own a decent shock pump so not a problem
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Sektors are just below revelations, not as light and the damper isn't as good, but still solid forks.

OE = original equipment. It's the stuff that comes stock on bikes and isn't available aftermarket, usually. Often lower spec, weird colours and missing bits like shock pumps, bleed kits (in the case of dropper posts), but also cheap.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5