Rockshox setup manuals???

jonnyashworth
jonnyashworth Posts: 547
edited May 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
I have recently converted over from fox to rockshox for the suspension on my bike but am struggling to find any detailed setup guides for my fork (2013 rev rct3) and shock (monarch plus rc3 2013)
It took me a while to realise that the low speed compression adjust on the forks only affects the medium setting so I spent a while finding the bike felt a bit unbalanced as I was trying (unsuccessfully) to set low speed compression in the low position (1).

My new question is should the sag be setup in the high / mid / low compression setting on the fork and shock????
Yeti SB66c 2013

Comments

• coulddobetter
    coulddobetter Posts: 812
    Sram website rockshox service section has loads of pdf guides.
  • jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    The sram site has a good store of service manuals, although from my experience they don't really cover the set up process itself.
    My new question is should the sag be setup in the high / mid / low compression setting on the fork and shock????
    I'm not 100% sure, but I would assume you'd set sag with minimal compression damping, so that there's nothing interfering with the fork's/shock's travel other than the air pressure itself.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    It makes no difference.

Set sag then play with the rest to get what you want.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Someone else with the same gripe going from fox to rockshox. Having searched for a few hours there are no setup manuals
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    None needed. Just set the sag.

Fox have just rotten words on paper to make people happy.

The fact that they are not accurate has nothing to do with it.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    nicklouse wrote:
    None needed. Just set the sag.

Fox have just rotten words on paper to make people happy.

The fact that they are not accurate has nothing to do with it.
    Apt auto correct.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Someone else with the same gripe going from fox to rockshox. Having searched for a few hours there are no setup manuals
    Example
    http://cdn.sram.com/cdn/farfuture/chb_m ... ev_a_0.pdf

Weak Google flu you have
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.