Shimano BR-M446 brakes. Which pads??

Corners R Us
Corners R Us Posts: 214
edited May 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
So I'm doing a mtb event next weekend and want to put some new pads in beforehand just to be sure as the pads in the calipers are fairly worn. Simples I thought. Quick search online and hit the buy button!

There seem to be sooooooo many Shimano pads for a variety of calipers. I think M515 will fit but can someone confirm from direct experience which various M-nos are compatible with these Deore (?) calipers. They are 2014 models if that makes a difference.

I've also e-mailed Uber and Superstar to see what pads they stock fit.

Thanks in advance.

Corners

Comments

• cobba
    cobba Posts: 282
    What rotors do you have?

Some Shimano rotors are for use with resin pads only, it will be written on them if they are.

Put BR-M446 into the search bar on the following page to get tech info about your brakes.

http://techdocs.shimano.com/techdocs/index.jsp

The stock pad model will be shown on the exploded diagram for your brake.
  • jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    Yes, the pads are the same spec as the ones you'll find sold for m515, m525 etc. I've got a brand-new pair of Superstar kevlar pads plus 2 pairs of lightly-used Clarks Gold Sintered pads you could have for £12 all in - pm me if you're interested.
  • Corners R Us
    cobba wrote:
    What rotors do you have?

Some Shimano rotors are for use with resin pads only, it will be written on them if they are.

Put BR-M446 into the search bar on the following page to get tech info about your brakes.

http://techdocs.shimano.com/techdocs/index.jsp

The stock pad model will be shown on the exploded diagram for your brake.

Shimano discs 180 up front, 160 rear. Thanks for the URL, very useful. The discs also say resin pads only; thanks for highlighting! I recall reading about this somewhere then promptly stored it at the rear of my memory!!

Corner
  • Corners R Us
    jimothy78 wrote:
    Yes, the pads are the same spec as the ones you'll find sold for m515, m525 etc. I've got a brand-new pair of Superstar kevlar pads plus 2 pairs of lightly-used Clarks Gold Sintered pads you could have for £12 all in - pm me if you're interested.

Thanks for the response. I'll pass on the sintered as Ive used them before and they're not for me on a mountain bike. I'll let you know if I'm interested in the kevlar ones and we'll discuss a price via pm.

Corners