Wet and Windy Sunday

arran77
arran77 Posts: 9,260
edited May 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning clunge hunters.

Today will mainly involve visiting the outlaws down on the south coast where no doubt its wetter and windier than here, oh well at least Sunday roast will be involved 8)

BTW this thread will please the die-hard roadies in bottom bracket who seem to think these threads exists so that crudders know what day of the week it is :lol:
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Comments

• ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning fools,

To say I am tired is an understatement. Loving the new job so can't grumble too much.

Finish work at 4 so should be home for 7 to finish the house move.

Laters
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Mornin throbbers

A night out with the wife = more ale than anticipated, not a good thing as I've got a 10k race on

After that was meant to be out for Sunday lunch with friends, but haven't got time as got a conference call later with a load of prep work to do :(

Right off to register the kids for the fun race
  • arran77
    Running or cycling Matthew h?
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,494
    matthew h wrote:
    A night out with the wife = more ale than anticipated
    I'm convinced you and your trouble 'n' strife are like Bonnie and Clyde, except you only rob off licenses :)

Morning Gits,

Wife and ankle biter are out for a bit so peace and coffee reign. Last day of the Premiership today so I will be watching some footy and seeing Liverpool fans blubbing at around 5pm. In the meantime, it's time to dish out more put downs to miserable roadie twats :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Really want to ride bikes today but my knee got whacked about a bit yesterday in hockey and I can barely walk, so I'll give it a go but it's unlikely I'll manage much. Got H'd last night but no hangover today it appears, that's 3 times this week I've managed that now, weird.

TTFN
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    Time to watch the Grand Prix. Then revision kicks in. Im shitting it for tomorrows exams eventhough i feel as if ive done a fair bit of revision.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Got loads of uni work to do for Monday, doped up on codeine, pub at three to watch Liverpool win the title
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,317
    Afternoon all,
    Generally being lazy today. Done a couple of bits and pieces. Just seen my son's school report and, in spite of the fact that it's a brazillion times better than any of mine, I told him he needs to pull his finger out and work harder. That is what a parent is supposed to do isn't it?
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Afternoon all,
    Generally being lazy today. Done a couple of bits and pieces. Just seen my son's school report and, in spite of the fact that it's a brazillion times better than any of mine, I told him he needs to pull his finger out and work harder. That is what a parent is supposed to do isn't it?
    If he doesn't know you were a lazy thicko at school, you still have the moral authority :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Hola gits!

Been up and out and about from very early this morning, seemed like a good idea at the time, just smashed some bacons down my grid so the world is all good at the mo.

Sports on telly for the rest of the day then more foods.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • tlw1
    arran77 wrote:

running and not very well :(
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    A night out with the wife = more ale than anticipated
    I'm convinced you and your trouble 'n' strife are like Bonnie and Clyde, except you only rob off licenses :)

not a bad idea - that would save a fortune!
  • Stevo_666
    watch Liverpool win the title
    Eerm....
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    watch Liverpool win the title
    Eerm....

hate to say this, but you are right Stevo
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    He was right :(
  • Stevo_666
    I'm used to it :wink:

Look on the bright side, next season will probably be a belter. We'll be able to score a few and beat the one legged teams, you might have a back four whose holes can't be seen from outer space and with any luck, Manure will still be crap :) Just got to get past a couple of weeks or World Cup angst...
  • arran77
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

I'm just trying to get into this running malarkey as well but not going well either at the moment, maybe I should stick to riding :lol:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,317
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    If he doesn't know you were a lazy thicko at school, you still have the moral authority :)
    Excellent, that's what I thought. I'm fine so long as he doesn't ask for help with his homework. He did once, then figured it out for himself before I opened my mouth and proved how little I understood.
  • tlw1
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

I'm just trying to get into this running malarkey as well but not going well either at the moment, maybe I should stick to riding :lol:

I just can't maintain a speed whilst running, on the bike I can dislodge my brain and except the pain, whereas running.....

Yesterday my speed moved from 7.30 miles down to sub 6 mins with an overall of 7.01

but for me its the best way to counter act the ale and food I love