Alps end of season - busy?

dot1
dot1 Posts: 538
edited May 2014 in Holidays
Hi guys, planning a second trip out to Morzine this summer. We have the option of doing the first week in august, or the last week in august. The first time we went was mid august and the trails weren't that busy. My question is, if we go in the last week in august, the lifts shut on the day after we leave so will the trails be mental busy? I've been trying to think what it will be like but can't decided if it will be dead because its end of season and everyone is shutting up and going home, or if everyone will be like "its the last week, lets get out there and ride everything"

Has anyone been out in the last week of the season? What was it like?
Trek Remedy 7 2009
viewtopic.php?t=12634629

Boardman Pro Singlespeed - Sold
viewtopic.php?t=12752297&highlight=

Giant Defy 5 2012

Comments

• UH DH
    UH DH Posts: 4,160
    Mixed bag.

Some years it's busy, others are quiet. Usually though there's a higher chance of rain at the end of the season, so more chances of getting stuck somewhere or not being able to ride.

If it was last year you went as well, that wasn't a reliable guide on how the PDS runs normally, as Pleney was closed, so the main link up to Les Gets was a bus instead, so a lot of people avoided the ride up there, so other areas were a bit busier, or even people avoided the PDS to go somewhere else.

It really is hit or miss though.
    Check out my site - http://www.trail-dog.co.uk
    It's good for you.