Castelli gabba sizing

neeb
neeb Posts: 4,471
edited December 2015 in Road buying advice
If a small Mortirollo Due and a medium Climber's Jersey both fit me perfectly, what size Gabba would I need, small or medium? With the Aero Race jersey I was a small, but it was a very tight fit.

Comments

• luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Probably go small, but if possible I'd order both and send the one that doesn't fit back.

I also believe there can be a little variability in sizes between the same garments produced in different factories. I ended up with a medium long sleeve Gabba in black (I'm 37.5" chest, 33" waist), but had previously sent back a Medium AND a Large in the hi-viz yellow as I was between sizes in those. The Medium Gabba in black is a perfect fit, as are medium Velocissimo Team Ss and LS jerseys that I own.

Some have said on similar threads that the Gabba tends to come up a little big compared with their race jerseys. I've also heard that the Garmin team often wear their Gabba's over their race kit, so that might be why they are a little larger.
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,147
    as above i'd go for small, the gabba is more generously sized than most castelli stuff, the aero jerseys are at the other extreme
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • DHA987S
    DHA987S Posts: 284
    Yep agree with the above, I fit a small aero jersey and can wear a small gabba over a base layer and jersey.
  • neeb
    Brilliant, thanks all. Sounds like a small would be my best bet. The climber's jersey (which I'm a medium in) is seriously small, about half a size smaller even than the aero race jersey (although I agree that there does often seem to be variability from year to year or batch to batch from many manufacturers).

<edit> for Americans reading, apparently the climber's jersey as it sold in the U.S. is one size off, so an S equals a European M!
  • neeb
    Well, I eventually got around to buying my gabba! (a gabba 2 LS). I got a small and it's the right size, if a very snug fit (which for me is much better than any looseness). It's black, so I do feel a bit like the lycra-stealth-gimp when I go out with it and the inevitable black shorts and leg warmers.. ;-)

Loving it so far - when I stepped out of the door today in windy temperatures of 5C it felt like there was no way it was going to keep me warm, but after 10 mins of riding it was perfect, and the most amazing thing was that there was _no_ dampness from sweat underneath when I took it off. Still to try it out in the rain.