CUBE REACTION SL 29

littlelats
littlelats Posts: 3
edited May 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

has anyone got this bike and if so what is it like? I quite like the look of it but if I was to get it, it would have to be an online purchase so I don't have the option of trying one out. From looking at the picture online the seat stay does like fairly thin at the top so I was wondering if the frame can take a bit of punishment? Also is if comfortable as my rides could vary from a few miles off road to anything up to 30 miles (occassionaly more).I am 5ft9 and was not sure if I would need the 17 or 19 inch frame asi'm pretty much of the cusp of both. thanks for any advise.
http://www.cube.eu/uk/bikes/mtb-hardtai ... ion-sl-29/

Comments

• seagulljez
    seagulljez Posts: 139
    I've had one for about a year, its a great bike, might want to upgrade a few things over time but you won't be disappointed
    63 miles to go and the break is up the road
  • littlelats
    littlelats Posts: 3
    Ok thanks. Im very tempted. Any thoughts on the sizing?
  • defride
    defride Posts: 277
    I've had a LTD 26 for the last couple of years and really enjoyed riding it with upgraded wheels, having just swapped the frame out for a Focus carbon frame I'm wondering why I bothered, very little in it. Just adding that I doubt you'll be disappointed going alloy rather than carbon.

I'm 6ft and find the 17 a touch small and the 19 a touch cumbersome, would rather they stuck to the 18's of the smaller wheel sizes. At 5.9 you'll get a good riding position on the 17.